Page 126 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2066

Thread: Lightwave 3D BLOG is now up online!

  1. #1876
    Dreamer Ztreem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,136
    I like what I see, keep the updates coming...

  2. #1877
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    111
    Please lock this thread.

  3. #1878
    I should update my Avatar Verlon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,354
    Quote Originally Posted by willin View Post
    Please lock this thread.
    - 1.0 x10 E Bazillion

    Modeling updates looked interesting. Might even be the best news all week, and I got Chronosculpt and Nevronmotion for free.

    I can't wait to see what comes next.
    Verlon Smith

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4i3XnbEKBw&feature=plcp - shameless prommotion for my daughter's horror (by 4 year old standards) story.

  4. #1879
    Nice update. I was more or less expecting the camera tool as it was mentioned quite a while ago. And it is much better than I imagined. So well done on that.

    Not fully expecting that many changes in Modeler tools. But it has been one of the largest requests for a long time, so that is great. And if it is going to take a while to get things working in Layout those enhancements make sense in the meantime.

  5. #1880
    TD/Animator lino.grandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Rome
    Posts
    1,701
    The main target for the next release of Modeler is to provide solutions to some annoying situation us users may meet while working. Such as some tools not working in Symmetry (BandGlue or EditEdges for example).
    Personally I still consider Modeler one of the best modeling applications out there – the sense of “freedom” you get working with it is absolutely unique. But as a user I so much felt the need of a real time array, a toroid that can be edited live on creation, a lattice implementation...
    So that's been (and still is) the target for the next LightWave release.
    The intention of moving modeling in Layout for the next cycles (no, that's not going to happen in the next release) is a clear target we need and want to accomplish. But it really needs to be done right, because we want Layout to keep its general speed without "suffering" the presence of modeling tools, but take full advantage of them instead.
    Of course we didn't show all the improvements in the video (such as some tools finally working in symmetry, as I mentioned already), so expect more!
    Lino Grandi
    3D Development, LightWave 3D Group/NewTek, Inc.

    https://www.lightwave3d.com/

    LightWave 3D Group YouTube channel:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/Official...?feature=watch

    My YouTube Channel:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/linograndi?feature=mhee

  6. #1881
    TD/Animator lino.grandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Rome
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    I wonder what the Node Editor allows us to do with the new modeling tools (there is a Node Editor button in the LiveArray tool)... Would be useful to have this in Layout for MoGraph, specially with corresponding nodes. Maybe these new tools (LiveLattice etc.) are available in Layout and Modeler? That would be logic for me, having the Unified Geometry Engine. Doesn't the LiveArray tool have interactive handles like Toroid2 / like all new modelling tools? Bow Bridge sound also very useful to have as modelling tool!
    We totally agree this would be absolutely useful. It's NOT going to happen for the next release, but we're keeping this as one of our most important targets as we move on with the development for the next years. We're also doing our best to build new tools so they can be "exported" in Layout (again, not in the next release, can't stress this enough!) without too much headache.
    Lino Grandi
    3D Development, LightWave 3D Group/NewTek, Inc.

    https://www.lightwave3d.com/

    LightWave 3D Group YouTube channel:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/Official...?feature=watch

    My YouTube Channel:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/linograndi?feature=mhee

  7. #1882
    Lino, will we have some basic modeling tools (such as a Move tool for selected vertices or polygons) in Layout in the next release, or is this something we should expect in later releases?

  8. #1883
    TD/Animator lino.grandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Rome
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by kfiram View Post
    Lino, will we have some basic modeling tools (such as a Move tool for selected vertices or polygons) in Layout in the next release, or is this something we should expect in later releases?
    Later releases.
    Lino Grandi
    3D Development, LightWave 3D Group/NewTek, Inc.

    https://www.lightwave3d.com/

    LightWave 3D Group YouTube channel:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/Official...?feature=watch

    My YouTube Channel:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/linograndi?feature=mhee

  9. #1884
    Vacant, pretty vacant pinkmouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,702
    Looking good folks, nice work. Two questions. Can we have an offset option in Live array to make spiral arrays. It would be really, really useful!

    And two: So who do all those toys belong to, and how do they get any work done with them all over their desk?
    Al
    "I conceive of nothing, in religion, science or philosophy, that is more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." Charles Fort

    My Website
    My Lightwave Tutorials

  10. #1885
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkmouse View Post
    Looking good folks, nice work. Two questions. Can we have an offset option in Live array to make spiral arrays. It would be really, really useful!

    I was thinking an offset for the toroid as well to create spirals.

  11. #1886
    Super Member vncnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,574
    Lattice deformer looks beautiful. I hope it can be implemented in Layout some day (unless we get a Chronosculpt like tool in Layout).

    Camera view in Modeler and using the time slider in Layout is a very smart solution!
    I´d love to use that in my next personal project that combines backplates and animation.

  12. #1887
    Living over there... MAUROCOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sao Paulo Brazil
    Posts
    2,443
    Quote Originally Posted by lino.grandi View Post
    The main target for the next release of Modeler is to provide solutions to some annoying situation us users may meet while working. Such as some tools not working in Symmetry (BandGlue or EditEdges for example).
    Personally I still consider Modeler one of the best modeling applications out there – the sense of “freedom” you get working with it is absolutely unique. But as a user I so much felt the need of a real time array, a toroid that can be edited live on creation, a lattice implementation...
    So that's been (and still is) the target for the next LightWave release.
    The intention of moving modeling in Layout for the next cycles (no, that's not going to happen in the next release) is a clear target we need and want to accomplish. But it really needs to be done right, because we want Layout to keep its general speed without "suffering" the presence of modeling tools, but take full advantage of them instead.
    Of course we didn't show all the improvements in the video (such as some tools finally working in symmetry, as I mentioned already), so expect more!
    Nice post, Lino, very explanatory! I would like to know if Modeler now can deal with a larger amount of polygons than the last version? It is very limited.
    Ground control to Major Tom

  13. #1888
    Vacant, pretty vacant pinkmouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    I was thinking an offset for the toroid as well to create spirals.
    In fact, if the Live Array could have a "Lathe" toggle it would be even more useful.
    Al
    "I conceive of nothing, in religion, science or philosophy, that is more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." Charles Fort

    My Website
    My Lightwave Tutorials

  14. #1889
    TD/Animator lino.grandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Rome
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkmouse View Post
    Looking good folks, nice work. Two questions. Can we have an offset option in Live array to make spiral arrays. It would be really, really useful!
    The offset option it's there already!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    I was thinking an offset for the toroid as well to create spirals.
    That's an interesting proposal!
    Lino Grandi
    3D Development, LightWave 3D Group/NewTek, Inc.

    https://www.lightwave3d.com/

    LightWave 3D Group YouTube channel:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/Official...?feature=watch

    My YouTube Channel:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/linograndi?feature=mhee

  15. #1890
    Vacant, pretty vacant pinkmouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by lino.grandi View Post
    The offset option it's there already!
    Smashing! And the Lathe?
    Al
    "I conceive of nothing, in religion, science or philosophy, that is more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." Charles Fort

    My Website
    My Lightwave Tutorials

Page 126 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •