Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DataLink Timer web app

DataLink Timer web app

Just finished it! A free web app for creating a countdown timer to use in TriCaster title templates, using the DataLink feature in TriCaster Advanced Edition. You can also have the app 'watch' the status of a upstream of downstream keyer and have the timer start and stop as the keyer is turned on or off.

Download 'DataLink Timer' for free from http://bit.ly/kanesworld
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

The two pulldowns on the web form do not pull down for me. I can run the clock manually, but can't specify what to watch. Am using Chrome on Windows 10.

They're not specified in the html

<h3>Triggers</h3>
    <div id="trigger_panel">
    <div id="trigger_inside">
    <table>
    <tr>
    <tr>
    <td>MANUAL</td>
    <td><span id="autoTitleSpacer"></span>AUTOMATIC</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>
    <button class="manualButton" id="manualStart">START</button><button class="manualButton" id="manualStop">STOP</button>
    </td>
    <td>
    <p>
    <input id="automaticCheckbox" type="checkbox" />Channel
    <select id="busName">
    </select>
    Watch
    <select id="keyerNumber">
    </select>
    </p>
    <p><input id="automaticStop" type="checkbox" />Pause timer when keyer is OFF</p>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>

What version of TriCaster are you running? Do you have Advanced Edition installed?

The drop downs aren't in the HTML page, they are built dynamically from the JavaScript code. I'm looking at the model of your TriCaster and rev of software to determine how many M/E's or Keyers should be available for your model TriCaster.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Mini with AE, latest version

Quote Originally Posted by geofffox View Post
    Mini with AE, latest version
    I think I have an idea where the issue might be.

Can you (or someone with AE) type the following in the a web browser on the network with your running Tricaster and send me what the response is.

http:// [tricaster-name] /v1/version

Replace the [tricaster-name] with correct name or IP of your TriCaster system.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Got it fixed, version 1.0.1 is now posted.

Stupid mistake on my end. Had a '}' in the wrong spot (don't you hate it when that happens!) Everything was working when I was running Rev 3-1 (AE 1.5), but code was being skipped if running Rev 3-0 (AE 1.0).

http://bit.ly/kanesworld
    Last edited by kanep; 09-23-2015 at 09:30 AM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Version 1.1 of DataLink Timer just posted.

You can now trigger a macro when the timer reaches zero.

http://bit.ly/kanesworld
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Registered User Red Dog Records's Avatar
    Excellent! Thank you!
    Tricaster 460AE3 + LC-11
    Flypack: Router, switch, backup encoders, captioning devices, audio mixer, UPS, etc
    Cameras: Sony Z280, Z150, Spark & Bird Dog converters
    http://reddogrecords.com

Kane -

I want you to know I continue to use this every day. It is unbelievably valuable. Thanks, again.

Thanks for the feedback! I glad this tool is so useful.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Excellent! Any chance there could be a stopwatch style app as well? That is, counting time from when you click start. I will broadcast from a 24 hour ultra marathon and would like to include a watch showing the time since start.

Quote Originally Posted by westis View Post
    Excellent! Any chance there could be a stopwatch style app as well? That is, counting time from when you click start. I will broadcast from a 24 hour ultra marathon and would like to include a watch showing the time since start.
    I'm always open to new ideas, but the web apps I create are mostly on my spare time. I couldn't guarantee that anything like this would be added in a timely manner (if at all).

NewTek does have a Professional Serves Group that could do these kind of projects on contract. If this is something you really want for your productions, you should speak with them.
    http://www.newtek.com/support/servic...#ss-consulting
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks for reply! I found a work-around by using the %Time to next event% key and without setting an end time. If the start time at the top right in the TC interface is set to the same time the event started, that key will now act as a stop-watch (although with a + as prefix...).

Kane,

I appreciate your work which proved very helpful for me already. I think like me lot of people around this forum is beneficiary from your work. I have a simple request for you to make your timer more usable in any case. I am feeling to have a forward and backward time count switch in your app. So that people have the freedom to establish a counter according to their need. Another request is to include extra time for soccer game. Don't know whether it is possible as then i have to deal with two datalink %countdown% switch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast