Thread: Best graphics packages for sports?

Best graphics packages for sports?

What seems to be the best graphics package for a T40 for football, basketball and volleyball? How hard are they to incorporate and use?

I should add, I don't need anything with a lot of stat info as we don't and won't have a stats crew working with us. We will just keep score and also the time.

If you have a separate laptop I suggest CGStstLink products from SuiteCG. Www.suitecg.com.

Although since we haven't incorporated the NET input yet and the TC40 does not support frame buffers, you would need a second monitor on the laptop to run the CG page. You can share that extended display with the tricaster with iVGA and chromakey the background.

We also have free graphics packages for multiple sports. And you can't beat the pricing for the applications.
    Zach Schuster
    SuiteCG- Sports Scoreboard and Stat Tools
    Tricaster 855/460
    Zeplay Instant Replay
    ScoreOCR
    Sony NX5U

There are quite a few options.

Another option is LiveText with the LT Scoreboards add-on. This will allow manual updating scores/clocks and other information for multiple sports inside LiveText. LiveText itself connects to a TC40 using a NET input so all of your video inputs are still available for cameras.

http://newtek.com/products/tricaster...-livetext.html
    and
    http://www.krisgurrad.com/LT_scoreboards.html
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I have Live Text already. How does this work into the Tricaster using the LT scoreboards. Do you need a separate laptop? I am fairly inexperienced with this and am not sure what it will take to run this setup. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ingeborgdot View Post
    I have Live Text already. How does this work into the Tricaster using the LT scoreboards. Do you need a separate laptop? I am fairly inexperienced with this and am not sure what it will take to run this setup. Thanks.
    Yes, you will need another Windows computer to run LiveText. A laptop with a resolution of 1280x800 or greater resolution would be fine. Then connect the two systems on a network. When LiveText is running you will see it appear in the drop down on one of your NET inputs. Select it and that NET input will receive the feed from LiveText.

LT Scoreboards is an paid add-on that give you both a layout that you load into LiveText for the graphics and a 'dashboard' interface to run the sport. Open the correct layout for your sport, then right click on a blank part of the interface and select the matching sport to open the LT Scoreboards dashboard.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by ingeborgdot View Post
    I have Live Text already.
    Just to be clear, the integrated version of LiveText pre-installed on TriCaster cannot be used in this way. You need the standalone version.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Blog Entries
    Hi,

CharacterWorks, the character generator and motion graphics application, has just been updated to version 2.5. This release comes with several powerful new features aimed specifically at sports broadcasters, along with many general enhancements and fixes. CW natively outputs to TriCaster over the network and has the best integration with TriCaster compared to other solutions.

Making Score Bug for Basketball (Tutorial Videos)

More information please visit chrworks.com

_ C h a r a c t e r W o r k s _
    CG and Motion Graphics application