Thread: Weight maps and UVs, animatable or not?

Weight maps and UVs, animatable or not?

Hello everybody,

Could these params be keyed? can I have points with zero value for their weights that changes during time? what about UVs?

In my naīve guess I thought morphing will help me but it did not about weight map. if I can derive weight map via texture then it will be possible. is there such a process?

Thanks in advance.

UV Morphing: http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....es-UV-morphing
    As for the weights only if you are using them in a nodal enviorment, you can interpolate between any.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Not sure what you're going for here, but don't get trapped into thinking "Weight Map" per se: it's all just numbers, and very likely some alternate route is available, especially via nodes.

I'm guessing you want a numeric value associated with any/all points, but you want it animated. That's a good question: I personally don't know if you can UV map an animated texture in such a way that, eg, the gray level is stuck to the vertices-- in this case the gray level is standing in for the actual Weight Map value. (Which would work, assuming you only needed positive values.)

I'll be interested in the answer: if you figure it out yourself, don't forget to come back and post the solution.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.