Thread: Turbulence FD and Particle Advection - Can it be done

Turbulence FD and Particle Advection - Can it be done

Hi guys,

I have a question about particle advection with TFD. I'm looking to use TFD for a spell battle effect. I saw on the jawset.com website that TFD can do particle advection, but it only showed it for C4D. Does any TFD users here know if it works for lightwave particles too? Thanks.

I think so. The last time I checked they had a trial version, fully functional with watermark on the renders.

no it doesn't.....

we had been waiting patiently, and had been told it would be in a v1 update, and after much pestering on the forums....the last news was it is not possible with lightwaves SDK.

Ok, sorry. Is the sdk limitation still valid in 2015? I got the impression they updated the sdk but I have no clue what changes was made.

Quote Originally Posted by Slartibartfast View Post
    Ok, sorry. Is the sdk limitation still valid in 2015? I got the impression they updated the sdk but I have no clue what changes was made.
    I donīt think it is..just a gut feeling though, might ask a direct question on jawset forums instead..I got a special thread on that over there..maybe ask there or put forward a new dedicated question..and the one to answer it would obviously be jascha himself.

Vacant, pretty vacant pinkmouse's Avatar
    Probably. I doubt they would update the SDK for something as obsolete as particles.
    Al
    "I conceive of nothing, in religion, science or philosophy, that is more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." Charles Fort

My Website
    My Lightwave Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    I donīt think it is..just a gut feeling though, might ask a direct question on jawset forums instead..I got a special thread on that over there..maybe ask there or put forward a new dedicated question..and the one to answer it would obviously be jascha himself.
    I already hinted on the forum that newtek had done some SDK changes to allow Juan to access the FiberFx SDK for octane hair.....but you do have to ask.

The way the timeline of the effort to implement this appears to have gone down, I doubt Jascha even attempted to implement this until recently, and upon discovering the SDK limitation promptly gave up.
    It had literally been years he had been promising a v1 particle advection update ....

"It'll be in a v1.0 update (as opposed to not-until-v2)" 3 year old post....

Newtek could have possibly added the proper SDK changes over the 3 years he had led us to believe the update was coming....if he asked

About a year back he said he had a ticket open on this but had no feedback on it to give.
    Sentenced to 310 years for crimes against modelling and rendering.

Bummer, that sucks. Thanks for the info.

Vacant, pretty vacant pinkmouse's Avatar
    Frankly, I'll be pleasantly surprised if we even get v2 for LW
    Al
    "I conceive of nothing, in religion, science or philosophy, that is more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." Charles Fort

My Website
    My Lightwave Tutorials

I think it is all up to the lightwave team and jascha now to tie the knots together if they can.
    at the end of may this year..I stated in a thread that it was very much wanted, though some folks in this community seem to think it was of no importance...

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....icle+advection

And hereīs the thread I started on jawset forums...

http://forum.jawset.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=875

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    I think it is all up to the lightwave team and jascha now to tie the knots together if they can.
    at the end of may this year..I stated in a thread that it was very much wanted, though some folks in this community seem to think it was of no importance...

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....icle+advection

And hereīs the thread I started on jawset forums...

http://forum.jawset.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=875
    Particle Advection is pretty important especially with more people wanting jazzing FX these days, but it's hard for people to see its use if they never used it much. Anyway, here is hoping that they fix things and get it working.

Quote Originally Posted by thomascheng View Post
    Particle Advection is pretty important especially with more people wanting jazzing FX these days, but it's hard for people to see its use if they never used it much. Anyway, here is hoping that they fix things and get it working.
    Indeed so, lack of particle advection is one factor(not the only one, but itīs one of the drops in the cup) that counted in when not buying turbulenceFD.

Michael