Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The most stupid question in the history of this forum, Help Me please

The most stupid question in the history of this forum, Help Me please

Helppppppppp meeeeee

I just received a phone call from a big company here in Baku and going to do job interview.

with such stupid works that I have done I know I have no chance by impressing them.

What can I do in less than 3 hours and 58 minutes to impress them on how great Lightwave 3d is?

I say it again that everything I have done so far by your helps are just technical stuffs for educating myself (great guys like Dan ablan, Ryan Roy, Greenlaw and others have helped me tremendously) and are not aesthetically impressive.

I am a devoted Lightwaver and am trying to promote our beloved package here where virtually nobody has heard of it.

I don't know some prepared material or sth, I really am embarrassed for such stupid question.

O my god there is only 3 hours and 56 minutes left.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to say Hello bec I was in such a rush, sorry fellas HELOOOOOO <3

Unless they are search for LightWave perosn specifically it's not LW that you need to convince them it's great but your work, regardelss of app you use.
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/4xRTX 2080Ti
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    I'm ashamed to admit I've never heard of Baku, it looks fabulous.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Lewis I will go thorugh details, plz not now.
    Jeric, you can be my guest, I would love to see you all.

Plz guys time is passing, do sth pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

Late to the thread, but I would say that at this point your best approach is to just bring a small set of examples of your work (only the best--less is more), and be yourself. Be genuine, candid and open. Scary, I know, but it will put them at ease and may indeed throw them off their guard; allowing you to further engage in conversation. Let them get to know you. The work that you show is the product. It is static. But you are the dynamic vehicle that produced it. It is your capability, even unseen at this point, that a good evaluator is ultimately interested in. Be that vehicle. It's the best that you can do and that is all that any of us can do. Go for it. You'll do fine.
    Blown Glass · Carbon Fiber + Imagination

Spherical Magic | We Build Cool Stuff!

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain

I wonder how he went. But in any case this is why it is so important for any newbies learning this skill, that at some point early start building a portfolio and not just do fan type work. This means thinking about what would look good to a client, in advertising or film. Think that you only need a few really good pieces and what they should be and work at doing those. And render out really clean renders with all the sampling turned up so that there is no noise. Look at the work of superstars, in forums other than Lightwave and try to do stuff at that level. At the very least turn out very nice, clean, big well lit and well surfaced renders, even if they are clay renders to show off modeling skills, don't scrimp, up the samples and do long renders if needed, and post process the images in Photoshop. And learn one of the well known programs just so you can say you use it even if your doing most things in Lightwave.

Because you might get a call from a big company.

Agreed. Worked for me! And it's been extremely successful in a lot of differing media; not just 3D. These principles were being applied before 3D existed; except for the Real 3D, of course.... or that which we perceive as being Real.

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain

I am not gone yet and you are not late dear Spherical.

Excellent advices by spherical, thank you so so much, I will do my best to be the vehicle with high quality. I have the power of good and scientific talks and can give detailed and technical descriptions. if I only had 2 or 3 good works it would have been awesome but according to your statements maybe I can convey that feeling by my best self.

I have about 3 hours and am doing extra renders (lol) but I think I should go and meditate a little.

Dear spherical, your beautiful reply relieved some stress and fear. thanks for helping me.

I remember my job interview, with two programmers, they don't know what i was talking about to them about 3D

gl farhad, maybe a tip: start some rendering and meditate during the needed rendering time :-)
    to hit the tab key or not, that is the real question

timguldentops.be

Probably too late to the party. In the future use another title for the thread that stresses the time urgency.

But what I would have suggested in a situation like this where time is of essence, would be to take some of the supplied content and put the time into rendering and maybe some textures.

Since 3D is such a vastly diverse tool set, it would be completely acceptable to put together samples of rendering with existing work to show your skill level in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Farhad_azer View Post
    Dear spherical, your beautiful reply relieved some stress and fear. thanks for helping me.
    You are most welcome. Please remember, there are no "stupid questions". My thoughts go with you.

Vacant, pretty vacant pinkmouse's Avatar
    First rule of interviews: "Don't Panic!"
    Second rule of interviews: "Be yourself, not someone else"
    Third rule of interviews: "Remember, you're interviewing them as well, ask lots of questions"

Good luck!
    Al
    "I conceive of nothing, in religion, science or philosophy, that is more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." Charles Fort

My Website
    My Lightwave Tutorials

Thanks everybody, I am turning off my PC after 10 minutes and before that I am going to read your replies.

I hope everything will be perfect.

I am humbled, thanks everybody for your help and supports <3

I am back and I feel like....u know.

Today was a very difficult day and the interview session was really awkward. the guy did not want to see all of my works. I had brought there 3 avi files and some still images. anyway he stated that I am a hobbyist. the good thing is that he did not totally reject me and probably will give me a chance.

I think I am capable of making good stuffs but they will not look perfect due to lack of experience and more importantly bec of lack of my confidence.

I consider myself as a total looser in lots of things but there is one thing that I am proud. I have will power and work every moment to become someone in this market.

They probably will ask me to do sth for them. some visualization or small clip for their products.

Any other thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Anyway I did my best fellas.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast