Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SpeedEdit Kickstarter

Exclamation SpeedEdit Kickstarter

I am curious if Newtek would be willing to put out a Kickstarter to see if they could drum up enough funds to make it worth while for one of their coders to update SE--This would just be a side project outside of his/her normal Newtek duties.
    SE users might be looking for that person to compile a 64Bit version of SE with codec compatibility updates (4K codecs)
    Last edited by Richvideo; 08-29-2015 at 06:56 PM.

I would donate time and resources to this project! -S

NDI Camera
    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com

Me too. I was just in a crunch to create a 15 minute slideshow for a sweet 16. My plan was to use After Effect but I had one week to do it. I broke out SE and did it. It sure is easy to use. What a shame to let it fade away.

I have four matching HDV cameras and no intensions of upgrading to 4k. So I suspect SpeedEdit will be my chosen editor for a few more years.
    I occasionally use other software. Vegas has a few features and FX's worth using but my main editor is SpeedEdit because the user interface is brilliantly and simply designed.
    I've impressed other editors with it but the price has always dissuaded them from buying it.
    If ever it has a better marketing plan, a few codec upgrades and a library of user shared presets for fx's and renders, it could easily catch attention for being a very useful tool for any editor to supplement the programs they commonly use.
    A cult following is still possible if it becomes available again.

SpeedEDIT THE PHEONIX!!!

Like the ancient and powerfull Pheonix SpeedEDIT WILL RISE AGAIN! BELIEVE IT! - S

Last edited by Shawn Farrell; 09-25-2015 at 08:44 PM. Reason: coolness..

NDI Camera
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

Yea, I still miss SpeedEdit. Finally moved on, but I would love to see it re-born.
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

SpeedEDIT REDUX...COMING IN THE FUTURE...

NDI Camera
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

I'd like to see SE reborn and would contribute if a kickstarter program is in order. A couple of weeks ago I got some HD footage in a Quicktime container to edit. Sony Vegas and DaVinci Resolve 12 wouldn't recognize or load it. SE had no problem with that footage. It was a long (90 min) and complicated (4 layers) edit, but I did everything including final rendering in SE and SE didn't even burp. This software has to be revived.

May the Force be with you, Shawn!!!

@dweinkauf I hear ya buddy! The old girl still has some juice. Still making projects with it today.

And yes . . . I'd pony up on a Kickstarter.

go go NewTek!

I know enough about coding and newtek products to be dangerous...It might take 5 years but I could learn the SpeedEDIT code and maybe bring it back to life as the wonderful tool it is...push more it's association or even bundle it with lightwave, the two work so well together! It adds value to other NewTek products and stands alone. Why I used to shoot womprats back home with my Video Toaster! It would be worth learning the SpeedEDIT code to just for myself, just for fun!...but I will share knowledge and updates along the way...the future...

- Shawn Lee Farrell

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

NDI Camera
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

Shawn - go for it! You certainly have my support. A suggestion - what about also bundling SE with Aura which NewTek also owns.

Hey Shawn. I see you have HitFilm in the video window.

HF is my new favorite toy. If there were a plugin to HF from SE I'd be loving life!

Anything happen with this? I still use speed edit for all my edits. Have not gone to 4k and everyone seems ok with the results. I may have to look for another editor soon but this sounds so much better. Where do we donate?

Shawn I know many us would love to see some updates for SE- I hope that you can make some happen

As I had said earlier the most useful ones, which may be the hardest to implement would be
    a migration of SE to 64bit and then optimizing the program to handle some of the newer codecs with higher bitrates and 4K resolutions--not sure how licensing of these codecs works these days

One of the failures of SE is that it did not allow for standard third party plugins to easily be ported to SE--Plugins like Pluraleyes would be very useful

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast