Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SpeedEdit Kickstarter

...what about the free BlackMagic Fusion ?

though, i guess it's not that 'speedy'...
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

The more I use other editors, the more I like SpeedEDIT. It truly is the fast video editor in the world!
    Philip Nelson
    NewTek
    CRO - Chief Relationship Officer
    [email protected]
    http://www.newtek.com

Follow NewTek on Twitter!
    @PhilipNelson

Following on Facebook
    /Philip.Nelson

I just had to do a 5 minute Retirement video sendoff for someone at my job. I had two weeks to do it, which is no time considering that I do weird stuff like re-create their life story in a comical way. That means that I have to do tons of layers and compositing. I used After Effects on day one and said "oh crap! I am screwed" It took an hour to see a 30 second intro. I switched to SE and got it done in 200 hours. It would have been 200 days in AE. I wish NT could bring this back/ Dont you have any pull Philip? Why did they leave it behind when it is so amazing?

I have also experimented with other editing software.
    SpeedEdit does everything much easier and faster. It is also very easy to teach to others.
    Tricaster is a winning product for NewTek and probably a moneymaking project, but I wish they would invest in reviving and continuing support of SE.

But speededit doesn't compete with Tricaster. I would never purchase a Tricaster because I have no need for live production. SE is almost like AE lite for me. I can do some decent compositing with it without having to wait for endless render times in AE in joy already powerful Dual Xeon server with Quadro card.

Preach!

I'm always a vocal lobbyist for SpeedEDIT!
    Philip Nelson
    NewTek
    [email protected]

@PhilipNelson

Following on Facebook
    /Philip.Nelson

I too wish that NewTek would invest in SpeedEDIT. It's an editor that can't be beat for speed and ease of operation. I've lost track of the number of times I've had to use SE when other editors (Vegas, Resolve) got bogged down, wouldn't see footage that SE had no problem with or just took too much time and effort to get work done. I, too, have no need for or interest in the Tricaster but I do need a great editor and paint/animation programs. It would be incredible if NewTek would update SE and combine it with Aura (which NewTek owns) for an incredible ediit/paint/animation program.

That's good to hear Philip. Are you at liberty to even speak about why they discontinued SE as a standalone? I dont see the sense in it, since it is already running in TriCasters, unless NT is taking the old Apple approach by selling the hardware and software solution as one instead of dealing with the headaches of every Tom, Dick and Harry with their whacked out PC configurations, making it very difficult to troubleshoot issues.

You can tell the big guys (I thought you were one of them) that I, and probably many others, would purchase SE at a cost that would make it profitable. A never version that will run on Windows 10, possibly a 64 bit version, throw in some motion backgrounds to sweeten the deal, and even include Aura as dweinkauf said. I will be awaiting your next SE showing of SE 2016 at B&H Phioto in NY as I did 10 years ago. PLEAAAAASSSEEEE.

BTW, the most amazing thing about this is that i was going to delete my bookmark to this forum when SE was originally discontinued, but decided to check back from time to time to see if miracles can happen. That pretty much sums up your fan base.

Gotta pile one here. (Thank god the forum is back up)

SpeedEdit is still my go to editor, period! At least as long as I'm doing 1080. For god sakes! Please, please tell the powers that be at NT that they abandoned a product that was so good that it just won't die. I know 4K is coming. Hell I shoot in 4K, but down convert to 1080 to edit and deliver. SE still works for me. Still! That's got to mean something. What a great product.

It was and still is as revolutionary as Lightwave. (remember when we begged NT to unbundle LW from the Toaster?) The rest is history. Ground breaking CGI on LW brought to you by NT. What a pedigree!

SE is still viable. Pry it from my cold dead hands.
    Last edited by lcress; 07-25-2016 at 06:34 PM.

Just Tryin' To Help...
    AMEN to all of the above!!! Although I shut down my business and retired almost two years, My wife is a hairdresser and is keeping me and SpeedEdit very busy shooting videos of her teaching advanced braiding and burning DVD sets for classes she teaches and selling them to the attendees and others. If I had to edit on anything but SE I wouldn't be doing it.

While I'm here, if anyone at Newtek is listening, fix the latest standalone version of SE so I can get audio out of it via FireWire on my laptop editor; I've had to revert back to v2.1 to do it. PLEASE!

Toasting, Flyering, VTing and SEing since they all were born and loving it!
    SB Enterprises, Quincy, Illinois ~ in the backwoods of the US of A

Sony Vegas was sold off to MAGIX Software GmbH recently, it would be great if they could buy SpeedEdit as well. If they could then combine the best of both applications into a new one that could be a very powerful NLE

I think I just may editing something in SpeedEDIT on my TriCaster today! #GoodTimes #NoiMovie
    Philip Nelson
    NewTek
    [email protected]

@PhilipNelson

Following on Facebook
    /Philip.Nelson

still using SpeedEDIT daily...

NDI Camera
    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com

With Sony Vegas and Resolve on my workstation, I still prefer to use Speed Edit. Any thoughts on how we can get this upgraded? If we can get NewTek to part with the software is kickstarter still a possibility?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast