Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63

Thread: Up coming Layout Bend plugin: Looking for feedback :)

  1. #1

    Up coming Layout Bend plugin: Looking for feedback :)

    Me and Oliver Hotz are working on a Bend deformer plugin.
    A version of the plugin was already made but I wasn't happy with the focus I gave to the tool. I sure am putting a lot of options, but it's a bit hard not to I'm redoing it from the ground up with nodes (I do nodes first, code after) and was curious if people using other softwares see something I overlooked or missed.

    Cheers

    Last edited by probiner; 07-19-2015 at 02:53 PM.

  2. #2
    Big fan of coffee raw-m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,342
    Very impressive, it'll be very welcome, well done! Please add the page bend/curl, I do this a lot a really struggle to get a nice animated curl like that.

    On a UI note, will there be some kind of cage/widget designed to visualise what deforms what? C4d deformers would be a good source of inspiration for this. 3rd Powers Lattice deformers also has a visual reference (but generally don't think visual widgets/handles are one of LW strengths!).

    Looking forward

  3. #3
    Time Traveller Andy Webb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Hertfordshire UK
    Posts
    2,179
    Looking very good. Cannot think of anything to add but I'm sure once people start to use it new options will come to light.
    Andy Webb

    Intel core i7-3820 3.60GHz
    ASUS PRIME Z370-A motherboard
    GeForce GTX 660
    32 Gb RAM
    Windows 10

  4. #4
    Explorer souzou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    424
    Looking awesome, well done! Page bend/curl would be really welcome, much quicker/easier than a bone setup.
    Matt Knott / VERSUS
    http://www.versus.nu

  5. #5
    Registered User kadri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    611
    Looks great.
    Not sure of the usefulness, but how about a reverse symmetry function?
    Like in a "S". Maybe it is already doable in your setup i don't know.

  6. #6
    Super Member JohnMarchant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Murcia, Spain
    Posts
    3,168
    Looking good, are you releasing it or is it going to be part of Olivers tools pack.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

    LightWave 2020

    Very nice Laptop

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by raw-m View Post
    Very impressive, it'll be very welcome, well done! Please add the page bend/curl, I do this a lot a really struggle to get a nice animated curl like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by souzou View Post
    Looking awesome, well done! Page bend/curl would be really welcome, much quicker/easier than a bone setup.
    Done in LightWave now video

    Quote Originally Posted by raw-m View Post
    On a UI note, will there be some kind of cage/widget designed to visualise what deforms what? C4d deformers would be a good source of inspiration for this. 3rd Powers Lattice deformers also has a visual reference (but generally don't think visual widgets/handles are one of LW strengths!).
    That is not my department, I'm just doing the vector transformation operation. Oliver is the one that manages the LW plugin, the UI and SDK portions, performance, etc. I'll pass the question.


    Quote Originally Posted by kadri View Post
    Looks great.
    Not sure of the usefulness, but how about a reverse symmetry function?
    Like in a "S". Maybe it is already doable in your setup i don't know.
    I don't understand the symmetry you mention kadri. Can you share a simle pic showing that? Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMarchant View Post
    Looking good, are you releasing it or is it going to be part of Olivers tools pack.
    These type of details will be decided upon release.

    Thanks for the feedback so far. Cheers
    Last edited by probiner; 07-20-2015 at 08:35 AM.

  8. #8
    Time Traveller Andy Webb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Hertfordshire UK
    Posts
    2,179
    I suppose I'll have to ask as to why not a modeller plugin too?

    I realize that I can use "save transformed" from layout but if you need to do this in relation to other parts of a model that approach won't always work.
    Andy Webb

    Intel core i7-3820 3.60GHz
    ASUS PRIME Z370-A motherboard
    GeForce GTX 660
    32 Gb RAM
    Windows 10

  9. #9
    Kamehameha Chameleon BigHache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Future Past Life
    Posts
    1,899
    One thought, is it possible to add an Envelope to the displacement Integer to animate between bend methods?

  10. #10
    Here you can see the first iteration we've done. When I say "I" about things I want in and out of the UI I'm thinking about the design of the tool and what's presented to the user. Because Oliver is the one doing all that. I know 0 about LW SDK

    (download the video for better quality) http://jmp.sh/v/POO7oN6jzQCBn5znlzB9


    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Webb View Post
    I suppose I'll have to ask as to why not a modeller plugin too?

    I realize that I can use "save transformed" from layout but if you need to do this in relation to other parts of a model that approach won't always work.
    Porting it to Modeler is something that Oliver could be interested in.
    I'm wondering if having that Percentage/Distance option in many parameters or a global one would be ok... lemme know.


    Quote Originally Posted by BigHache View Post
    One thought, is it possible to add an Envelope to the displacement Integer to animate between bend methods?
    Unfortunately no. That would require to perform both operations and then blend the output parameters everywere they are different. Right now it's a "select case". What are you envisioning that would be useful for?


    Cheers
    Last edited by probiner; 07-20-2015 at 11:37 AM.

  11. #11
    Registered User kadri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by probiner View Post
    ...
    I don't understand the symmetry you mention kadri. Can you share a simle pic showing that? Thanks.
    ...
    Something like this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screnshot.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	128955

  12. #12
    Yup.



    I just need to take the other options in consideration, since now you will have 2 rotation centers instead of one. And something like "Swap Center" in the first video will just break that. Maybe this could be an overall Rotation Center option. Thanks

  13. #13

  14. #14
    very nice!
    following and waiting for the release


    Luci e onde del belpaese - www.lwita.com

  15. #15

    looks sweet!
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •