Thread: XLR Audio In not working

XLR Audio In not working

Hey Everyone,

I just got the talkshow in, and it is replacing a box we got from Skype as Skype beta testers. As such, we already had all our audio and video lines run, so it should have been a case of just swapping boxes.

After I swapped the boxes and hooked everything up, everything worked perfectly except XLR audio in. I cannot get the machine to see any audio coming in no matter what I do. Audio out is great, Video in and out is great.

I have gone into the control panels and looked at all the settings..I can see the meters move for audio out, but nothing for the XLR in. I did a test with the 1/8" input, and the audio came in just fine.

I ran multiple types of line level signals to both XLR inputs, both one at a time and simultaneously. I know the mixer signal going out is fine, as I can run the same lines to my monitors and the audio plays just fine.

I also ran a software update using the download from the Newtek site, but no change there.

I tried running a driver update from the control panel, but it says its up to date, and doesnt require a new driver. I was wary about uninstalling and re-installing as I have had mixed success with that.

If anyone has any feedback/tips, I would appreciate it!

Have you gone to Talkshow's Return configuration tab and set the return audio input to Line?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Yep, that was it!

I dont have a 1080 Monitor hooked up to the Talkshow, I have a 720P monitor, and when I maximize the window, it cleanly cut off the whole right section of the return tab so i couldnt even tell anything was missing. Everything else on Skype TX scaled normally. Kinda annoying that parts of the interface cut off and you cant scroll over to them. I actually had to unmaximize the window and drag part of it off screen so I could see the missing section .

Also, Im a little bothered that I had to go into a separate non-system software and change the input, and that changed the audio feeding into the audio control panel. Shouldn't the audio from any input feed into the control panel first, and then the software reads it from there? Weird.

Anyways, working now! Thanks for the help!

Minimum res for TalkShow is 1600x1050. That's why part of your screen was missing.

The manual walks you through the basic setup details. Generally, there is actually very little that you need to do in the upper part of the screen, which comprises the base SkypeTX client application, other than to manage your call and contacts. Almost all of the setup stuff is in the part of the screen you were missing because of running at too low a resolution. Glad you got it sorted. It's really fairly simple when you can see the entire UI.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Yep, seeing the rest of the screen made a huge difference.

Sorry for being that guy that didnt go through the manual. One didnt come with the box, and I didnt see a reference in the quick start guide either. I used Skype TX before on the same monitor with no issue (the monitor is an integrated part of the studio..theres no room for yet ANOTHER monitor, so I use whats already in place), but that wasnt Newtek's version.

Quote Originally Posted by aicpa View Post
    Sorry for being that guy that didnt go through the manual.
    Yeah, because you're the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by aicpa View Post
    I didnt see a reference in the quick start guide either
    I'll see what can be done to rectify that, thanks for mentioning it.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator