Thread: Quadruped rigs in LW8?

Quadruped rigs in LW8?

Hello,

I've been browsing through the new screen shots of LW8. Looking very nice.

Will there be some good options for rigging my nice dog model here that can do some fancy morphing tricks?
    This is a single mesh that morphs into many variations. It would be great to be able to use one rig, and then scale it around for each morphed version.
    I'm wondering too if dynamics on the bones can automate some things like tail wagging and ear flopping?

Regards,
    Bill C.
    www.dedicateddigital.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

nice models!

you shold be able to scale rigs in lw8 so you can use animation from one character on another...

will be neat!
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Awesome dogs!

Stuper Member
    Those look great, I'd love to see them morphing. And thanks for the tiger model! Very nice!

very cool. could we see some wires?
    Chris Burkert

ArchiPacked models

You can automate tail wagging and ears flopping now without dynamics.

WoW!

Those models look great!! Extremely accurate and realistic! What is the poly count like with these models?? Your bulldog looks a little lite to me, needs more neck imo.

Great work!

Those are darned kewl. You have them morphing on a website near us?
    zw
    www.zachtv.com

Laptop HP zd8080 / P4 3.4 ghz / 2gb Ram / ATI x600
    Wrkstn Dell / P4 2.8ghz / 2gb RAM / nVidia Quadro 900 XGL
    Wrkstn HP a1540n / AMD 64 X2 4200 / 2gb RAM/ ATI x1900 256mb video

Just checked out your website. are you responsible for the 150 animal kingdom models? They're great. Good Idea!
    zw
    www.zachtv.com

Laptop HP zd8080 / P4 3.4 ghz / 2gb Ram / ATI x600
    Wrkstn Dell / P4 2.8ghz / 2gb RAM / nVidia Quadro 900 XGL
    Wrkstn HP a1540n / AMD 64 X2 4200 / 2gb RAM/ ATI x1900 256mb video

Thanks for all of the very nice responses.

I'll should have more of the dog to look at on my web site soon. It will be a product, so I will show as much as possible of it.

Depending on which version, the base model has around 7700 subpatch/poly mix, about 24500 polygons as a quad/triangle mix, or about 46500 polygons when tripled. I tried to keep it detailed but flexible. The ones pictured are rendered at subpatch level 4, about 160k polys each I think it was.

The versions pictured are variations based only on some of the modification morphs. I'm still working on specific breeds with more accuracy. The 'bulldog' pictured is something like a boxer/pug mutt I suppose. One thing that is possible is to apply a breed morph, and then add in some of the modification morphs. You could end up with uncountable variations. The morph in the bottom corner is 90% cat from the same mesh, if no one noticed.

I'll post more to my website when done. I'm quite excited to see how well rigs can be reused in LW8. Can hardly wait to test it out on this particular model.

Many thanks,
    Bill C.