Thread: Modler and Layout locking each other up

Modler and Layout locking each other up

I have a issue that has been getting worse. I start up Layout and load my scene, then I head over to molder to make changes to the model. Once I make changes and save I try to go back to layout but it has stopped responding.

I have to end Modeler though the task manager than Layout become usable again. This has been going on for awhile now, so I just don't run both together anymore which is a hassle.

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction and see if I can solve this issue.

Thanks,

Paul W.

TrueArt Support
    If nothing else helps, you can try disabling hub.. by command-line arg -0 in short-cut icon..

Are you using firewall?
    Did you try to disable/shutdown it for a while and trying to work in LW?

using VPR active in layout while switching to modeler and change stuff, and then switch back to layout might also cause hangups, as I have experienced, this is on
    11.6 series, not tested on 2015

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    using VPR active in layout while switching to modeler and change stuff, and then switch back to layout might also cause hangups, as I have experienced, this is on
    11.6 series, not tested on 2015
    I had crash many times with active VPR and after triangulate model and switch. Also Layout sometimes losing textures .

I am running a firewall. I don't really want to disable it because I am out of town working out of a hotel room in Vegas on several projects I need to render out. Being on the hotel network, I would feel vulnerable if I disabled my firewall. Someone mentioned disabling the HUD, maybe I should try that.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, I will give this a try.

TrueArt Support
    Disabling/shutting down firewall is just a test whether it helps.
    Turn off wifi in laptop first by button.