Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tricaster Timed Recording

I can understand that. It gets cranky when someone accesses a recorded clip over the network when we're trying to do something.
    Operations Manager, WBUP/WBKP
    TC 8000 AE

Trying to access or copy media that happen to be on the TriCaster is actually a large burden since Windows will try to do this task as fast as possible, which can cause performance issues for other aspects of TriCaster when it is running.

Sending a HTTP command to the TriCaster is much lower bandwidth and in fact has been added to the system as a method of remote control over Ethernet. This is the functionally I'm using to start and stop recording.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I've updated all of this.

- New script files that can now be placed anywhere on the system, no longer limited to only working in root of C:
    - Ten second timeout after script runs, so you can read what happens in the script, especially useful if there was an error!
    - New 'trigger_macro' script that will allow you to execute macros on your TriCaster system.
    - Updated PDF documentation (included in zip download)
    - 6 minute video that demonstrates how it all works!

Everything can be found at http://bit.ly/kanesworld
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Hi Kane,

Thanks for all of your work on making this idea actually work. Sounds like I can now run it directly on the Tricaster instead of requiring another pc, if I am interpreting right. I haven't watched the video yet. I have requested a Tricaster 410 in the budget, so if it doesn't get cut I'll be using this software. I've got to try the wmv and MPEG rendering to see what the quality is like now. I can do that with the latest version of software running on my Tricaster 460. Currently, I use TMPGEnc for MPEG and Microsoft's encoder for wmv files on another pc when editing on my Tricaster 850. I would really like for the other guy that works with me to not have to do this on the 410 unit. That way everything could be done on one system and network it to the playback device to upload the MPEG files for playback.

Thanks,
    Marty
    Common Gear Used:
    Tricaster TCXD460
    VT5
    Cameras: Sony NX5U
    Cabling: SDI

I've not tried it using Task Scheduler on the TriCaster itself, I've tested only using another system.

If it works, great! My recommendation is to use another system.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    I've updated all of this.

- New script files that can now be placed anywhere on the system, no longer limited to only working in root of C:
    - Ten second timeout after script runs, so you can read what happens in the script, especially useful if there was an error!
    - New 'trigger_macro' script that will allow you to execute macros on your TriCaster system.
    - Updated PDF documentation (included in zip download)
    - 6 minute video that demonstrates how it all works!

Everything can be found at http://bit.ly/kanesworld

Hey, Kane!

I'd love to utilize this to automate a daily recording on our TC1, but I'm not seeing the zip file on your site. Did it get removed, or relocated?

Thanks,
    Aaron

All of the applications that I have which use 3rd party executrices or libraries are under review to make sure the licensing is clear. I don't believe there to be any issues, but until I get the approval, the links to those pages have been taken offline.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12