Thread: Kind of important about Mars...

Kind of important about Mars...

I was involved in an urgent discussion with some NASA professionals yesterday evening, we were trying to answer this important question: what is the minimum number of pubs there would have to be, and how far apart should they be to have a pub crawl on Mars?

I said three pubs in a triangle about 70 yards apart.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

The important question for me is if they serve cider or not, never been hooked on beer.

by the way, some days ago I got a newsletter from a computer magazine over here in sweden, describing it in the article that the Mars one project is most likely to be a pipe dream, vapor dream?
    It seems that the 100 selecties was mostly interviewed through skype and the questions seemed to have more focus on how much many the selecties could gather to the project, they do get points for that or something like that.
    And up till now they only have around 0,1% gathered of what they need for the project...how much of it that is true I donīt know, just the article stating all that.

Michael

There must be some North West IPA on tap or the mission would surely fail, regardless of the number of pubs.
    Don't be a dink get some ink

One of them has to be called "The World's End".
    Curtis Rhoads

Desktop: Win10 x64 | i7 3.4GHz | 32GB RAM | GeForce GTX970
    Laptop: Win10 x64 | i7 2.3GHz | 8GB RAM | GeForce GT650M
    Desktop: iMac | i7 3.5GHz | 8GB RAM | GeForce GTX 780M

dude i am fan of your topics.. cheers!

and the other two pubs would be 'The Half Moon' and 'The Rising Sun' and it would have to be Draft Guinness or nothing, not the crap British or American pasteurised version but the true Irish live yeast version the way I remember it from the sixties

Quote Originally Posted by gerry_g View Post
    and the other two pubs would be 'The Half Moon' and 'The Rising Sun' and it would have to be Draft Guinness or nothing, not the crap British or American pasteurised version but the true Irish live yeast version the way I remember it from the sixties
    Oh yes, Guinness.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Those martians better start growing crops to support all that alcohol! Or are you suggesting warp technology is coming for fast imports.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

One important thing is the suits and the pub-hab must be the same pressure, so there is no waiting for compression cycles as you come and go through the airlock. I'd also prefer to expand the number of pub-habs to 5 and have them arrayed in a circle. And I'd like some sourdough bread, cheese and olive oil.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------