Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to start a clip on 3play - automatically from Tricaster?

Actually you can start macro with only one CS button, if you use a little imagination, but there is always some limitations.
    If it is okay always to start a clip on 3play when you switch 3play to live, then you can use automation tab of input's (NET 1) configutation and set your macro to activate when NET1 goes to PGM.

With those automation macros you can also use M/E Row A or DSK to activate your macro so there may be a way to use M/E row A keys to activate your macro depending on how you use M/E:s in your setup or FX keys and DSK1 or DKS2 if you do not need both of them in your setup.
    Juha Koivisto
    TriCaster 860 AE, 3Play 425

Thanks!

I was looking at A&I guide and can't find command how to start both 3play's A and B outputs by macro. Or how to start one output one then select another and start that one too? How you can do that, can you please explain me? Will appreciate help!

Do a quick search for AirSend ...
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Do a quick search for AirSend ...
    not sure do I see as real help. As said I was looking through A&I guide for a way how to select another output on 3play from Tricaster, but couldn't figure out how it should be done. After that decided to ask Kane who really helps me, or Juha/trejk or any other forum member willing to help me in this beginner stage, while I am rookie with macros...

Quote Originally Posted by stijef View Post
    not sure do I see as real help
    Nevertheless, it's what I have time for. The section on AirSend is obscure enough to find that I thought you might have missed it. It provides 4 or 5 pages of explanation that I haven't got time to retype here, including a specific example of controlling 3Play.

The fact that I have been sick for a week, during which time I've had to take my wife to two doctors and three rather worrisome medical procedures have also reduced the amount of time I have available, but the fact is I don't always have time any more to write out a step by step tutorial for every question that arises. I think my post count demonstrates that over the years I've done my little bit, but at times my circumstances and duties prevent me doing more, so I'm equally glad for members like Kane, who can often go the extra mile.

I think, assuming it's still working, the example given in the A&I Guide offers another potentially simpler approach, but I may be wrong, it may be busted, and you're under no compulsion to work it out in any case.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Merry Christmas everyone! : -) Steve hope your private situation goes to better.

In meantime, I still struggling (have no clue) how to select another output on 3play 440 from macro on tricaster 860 AE. Juha, Kane, Steve, anybody other - you do that? setting it like this is not working

What to add in the string to be able to select output 1 or output 2? - http://192.168.1.87:5952/v1/shortcut...lay&value=true&variable_name=value???

none from this is not working also, so I am stuck :-(
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4063.JPG 
Views:	149 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	135402
    Last edited by stijef; 12-26-2016 at 06:16 AM.

I"ll admit explaining how to format commands using the HTTP method takes some practice and is much easier to do in person. I teach people how to do this in my NewTek Automation Master Class.

To change outputs you need to use the 'output' shortcut.

The http_request value field would be.

http://192.168.1.87:5952/v1/shortcut?name=output&value=0

A value of '0' is output A and a value of '1' is output B.

Also, here are a few commands that might also be helpful.

The macro commands 'prev_play' and 'prog_play' allow you to start 100% playback in a channel of 3PLAY without having to select the output first. This allows you to trigger playback a channel while the 3PLAY operator can continue to use the other channel uninterrupted.

Play A channel: http://192.168.1.87:5952/v1/shortcut?name=prev_play
    Play B channel: http://192.168.1.87:5952/v1/shortcut?name=prog_play
    Last edited by kanep; 12-26-2016 at 11:41 AM.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

I was able to successfully setup a macro on my TC 8000 to control playback on my 3Play 4800. However, I haven't been able to find the command lines that would allow me to create a clip on the 3Play, select it from a certain angle and freeze it on the first frame for playback. The main part I can't find is how to create a clip, just like marking out on the 3play. With the macro I had yesterday, it would start playing the video from the 10 seconds prior that I had set. However, I couldn't go onto the 3play and click on a clip for future use. Any help on that part would be appreciated.

I would then create a second macro that would run my replay animation and start playback of the clip. I don't have any problems creating that macro.

Dear Kane, SBowie, all others

An old post but do you maybe know how to „recognize“ the clip on 3play has finished i.e. to use that event as a trigger for a macro on Tricaster?

You know, once a clip has reached its end I want to get automatically back to program. But not sure is there a signal 3Play sends to TC notifying the system about that. If yes, based on that information macro that has called 3play to play can continue with next rows (in my case automatically trigger „take“ i.e. return to live program).

Macro I've created until now is attached with this post, so, will appreciate your help to fill that blue colored row. Thank you!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6621.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	214.9 KB 
ID:	144150

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    I"ll admit explaining how to format commands using the HTTP method takes some practice and is much easier to do in person. I teach people how to do this in my NewTek Automation Master Class.

To change outputs you need to use the 'output' shortcut.

The http_request value field would be.

http://192.168.1.87:5952/v1/shortcut?name=output&value=0

A value of '0' is output A and a value of '1' is output B.

Also, here are a few commands that might also be helpful.

The macro commands 'prev_play' and 'prog_play' allow you to start 100% playback in a channel of 3PLAY without having to select the output first. This allows you to trigger playback a channel while the 3PLAY operator can continue to use the other channel uninterrupted.

Play A channel: http://192.168.1.87:5952/v1/shortcut?name=prev_play
    Play B channel: http://192.168.1.87:5952/v1/shortcut?name=prog_play
    Last edited by stijef; 02-15-2019 at 02:28 AM.
    Video Production Company, Europe-wide

www.video-production.eu
    video services, one-stop shop

Dear Kane, SBowie, all others

[SIZE=2][SIZE=3][COLOR="#FFFFE0"]An old post but do you maybe know how to „recognize“ the clip on 3play has finished i.e. to use that event as a trigger for a macro on Tricaster?

You know, once a clip has reached its end I want to get automatically back to program. But not sure is there a signal 3Play sends to TC notifying the system about that. If yes, based on that information macro that has called 3play to play can continue with next rows (in my case automatically trigger „take“ i.e. return to live program).
    There is not a command that will be called when the end of the clip has been reached on the 3PLAY. If you are doing 1 button marking on the 3PLAY and your clips are of consistent length, you could time this out in the macro.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

It has to be used for sports, so no constant length of the clips, of course. So, we can take it for 100% sure - no way 3PLAY can "ping" TC once the clip has reached the end? Strange... This need seems, to me, as not a rare one: any chance to upgrade TC/3play with this version in next version(s)?

www.video-production.eu

I should mention that NDI offer some powerful new possibilities in this connection. I'm not positive if, and which public software versions might have this yet (I'll see if I can find out today), but send the entire list of 3Play shortcuts (including one of my favorites, "play_macro_byname") directly from a TriCaster to a 3Play - without http syntax or ip numbers, etc. - is now possible when the latter is connected to a TriCaster input over an NDI connection, by using the prefix netn - where n is the input the 3Play is connected to.

This mechanism greatly expands and simplifies the control possibilities. The reverse - controlling the TC from the 3Play across an NDI connection - is not yet implemented.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

I believe there is no need to make 3play control TC. I am trying to get final proof there is no a signal/impuls coming from 3play once the clip ended? If so, then really I don't see TC could know when that clip ended.

@ SBowie - where to look for more information about all these shortcuts you mentioned?

www.video-production.eu

There is no signal that is sent out when the 3PLAY reaches the end of a clip.

I see a two main solutions for this.

1. As I mentioned, you can set timing the macro for preset amounts of time. As you mentioned, this might not work in all cases, specially if you clips are often not the the default on button marking length.

2. Make two macros, one to start the start the replay and a second to end the replay. This will reduce the 'replay dance' down to two buttons and will handle any length clip.

There is a third method if you are into software programming, where you get the metadata from a 3P1 system and then have a program figure out the timing to send commands to both the TriCaster and 3P1 system, but this wold take some work.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

@ SBowie - where to look for more information about all these shortcuts you mentioned?
    There are several ways to find the shortcuts available on a given system. The simplest and often most useful is to simply record a macro, then use the macro editor to determine what shortcuts were captured, and what sort of parameters they involve.

The basic syntax of shortcuts is discussed in the Automation and Integration Guide, which might well be installed on your 3Play system along with the user guide (at home now, can't check), and certainly is found on most current TriCasters. You can also download the A&I Guide here: http://new.tk/TCAEAIG

This pdf used to list all the shortcuts, but in the most recent edition it does not. It does, however, tell you how to find the file named shortcuts_cfg.xml on your system, which has a complete listing.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123