Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: TriCaster Advanced Edition!

Newtek Elite Reseller
    Dose anyone know where the export media tab is. It is no longer in the manage area ?
    Jim Davis
    DVS Direct
    Better Business Bureau® Rated A+ Business
    Newtek Elite Partner
    Newtek Service and Repair
    Top 10 reseller 4 years in a Row
    PH 1 814 371 5640

Import and Export have both been moved into the 'Live' desktop with TriCaster Advanced Edition.

To export, use the publish tool to create a Transcode and give it a destination. Now when you publish a clip it will perform these functions on it.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Newtek Elite Reseller
    Thanks kane,

Question is there a reason that when you try to import a Prores file it wont show a duration or import the file ?
    Jim Davis
    DVS Direct
    Better Business Bureau® Rated A+ Business
    Newtek Elite Partner
    Newtek Service and Repair
    Top 10 reseller 4 years in a Row
    PH 1 814 371 5640

Is this loading it directly into a DDR or using the import tool?
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I just tried this and I see what you are saying. I'll put in a bug report.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Hi, i can't understand very well how the "default media file level" works

If i choose for example mas +20db and on my DDR i have clips in 4db 0db 10db , it means that all my clips work on 20 db? and i don't have to pay attention if some clips are more loud than others?

Tricaster is the best thing that i've used since I played with my atari
    Gear Used:
    Tricaster: All 3Play:440
    Cam: JVC GY-HM600, GY-HM150U
    Facebook
    Twitter

The Option menu setting is automatically applied to clips that are newly added to a playlist. It has no effect on clips that are already in the playlist. So, for example, if you change a clip in the playlist to -6dB, then change the Option menu setting to +20dB, the clip in the playlist is still at -6.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

thanks Master SBowie it's clear now.
    Last question for today plz >_<, I was trying all day work with publish bin using transcode preset

the trim doesn't work? , i choose a SET IN point and export the video ( the video is one of the example tha come with tricaster, also test with a record of the tricaster ), when y playback this export trim video, export well but the entire video T_T, not cut the part that i SETIN and OUT.

I test with facebook preset and work very well only with Transcode preset the trim doesn't seem to work

Tricaster is the best thing that i've used since I played with my atari
    Gear Used:
    Tricaster: All 3Play:440
    Cam: JVC GY-HM600, GY-HM150U
    Facebook
    Twitter

For the streaming functionality in the Advanced version, I found it pretty misleading. It can stream to multiple destination, but it has to be one format per destination but not same format but 2 different destination. For example, you cannot stream to 2 wowza destination at the same time. Also, you cannot stream different output to each destination.

I mean if you really want to make this a useful update, you have to be able to stream any output to any destination. Hopefully by next upgrade maybe?

Has anyone not been able to stream using a custom XML adobe flash file through Advanced Edition. I keep receiving "0xA016a=Record Error" every time I try to stream. My stream doesn't even last a second. I have even tried to contact Newtek Support they will get back to me but they think it could be a bug in Advanced edition. The XML file is the same I use currently in the previous Tricaster software on my TC 8000. We also were able to connect the XML file directly in Adobe Media Encoder. Any ideas or suggestions?

Just to be clear about this, the way you should be setting up a Flash profile in AE is by choosing Legacy -> Flash. Id that what you are doing? Apart from that, if it continues to be a problem, it might be helpful to see the profile you are trying to import (you could mask any private data).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Ok so this suggestion seems like a better option but after I import my flash XML file settings and try to stream, it gives me "The Streaming Encoder Terminated Unexpectedly".

Quote Originally Posted by cymaknova View Post
    It can stream to multiple destination, but it has to be one format per destination but not same format but 2 different destination.
    This is not quite correct, actually. You can stream to two (or more) destinations. All such streams at any one time will use a single bitrate and resolution, mind you - the one representing highest quality among those required for the destinations you've check-marked. There is only one encoder operating, for system resource reasons.

So, for example: if you have two destinations set to different streaming profiles - say, one at 1024k and another at 2048k - the higher quality profile will be sent to both destinations (generally, CDNs handle this properly anyway). If you were to un-check the second target, then the lower bitrate would be applied.

For example, you cannot stream to 2 wowza destination at the same time.
    Sure you can - but obviously the default Wowza destination can only point at one target at a time. You would need to create a second Wowza destination using the New Connection menu point, and enable it. Note, though, that you can't use the same pre-made *"auto-download* method to create the second connection (since that would simply replicate the first). The second one will need to be made manually using the Custom option.

* I'm told there was a bug in Wowza's 'auto-config' implementation, and we're not sure they've made the fix 'live' yet. In case it hasn't, here are workaround steps:

1. Download the profile from Wowza manually.
    2. Create a custom preset.
    3. In the resolution pulldown, select "browse".
    4. Browse to the file and select it. This will add it to the list. (It also converts it to flash format).
    5. Click "import settings".
    6. Browse to: C:\TriCaster\bin64\Configuration\Streaming Profiles\FlashProfiles\User
    7. Select the downloaded file, it should import.

Also, you cannot stream different output to each destination.
    That's true. Again, there's only one encoder running. To encode a different output at the same will require an external encoder. This is unlikely to change anytime soon.

Hope this helps!
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011