Thread: Alembic import - Mesh saving paths?!?

Frequenter

Alembic import - Mesh saving paths?!?

Hi everyone,
    I haven´t found anything, nor in the Manual neither in the forum so far:
    Is there a way to control where the Alembic-Importer saves the imported meshes?
    Is there some sort of config I can edit? Right now (by default?!?) it seems to pick one of the last folders where I saved an object from either Layout or Modeler (from a session not related at all to the scene I import the *.abc to) in a rather random fashion...
    Anyone any idea?

Lorenz

Frequenter
    I try it the other way round, just because I´d like to know: obviously there are others out there who do import Alembic-Files once in a while - is no one else experiencing these oddities?!?

Doesn't it export the files to the location of your project? Have you tried setting the project folder and reloading Layout and then importing the Alembic?
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Frequenter
    In a way, yes... Maybe this is only for me - I have seen all sorts of odd things happen because of special configurations/settings (I am using a german system with english language settings under Win7 pro 64Bit, causes trouble when using lwsn.exe because of the regional settings for instance....)
    It saves inside my Content Direction, yes. But its is not always replicable... We are not working with the standard LW-Content-Directoyr Presets. Our Project Content has to fit in a pipeline that consists of several applications.
    So, often times it picks a folder that I have used the day before, sometimes the one I was using last... :-\ Odd...

I now created a different - clean - ContentDirectory that I am using solely for the Alembic import session, when I import an *.abc it creates a folder Objects there where it saves the single files from the Alembic...
    After that I copy the files I need, put it in a project folder that I actually work in and replace manually. Works so-so as long as you do not have to many single meshes that the Alembic-importer creates. Yesterday I had a fractured object coming from Max that had ~ 560 single mesh parts... major P-i-t-A ... :-\ I think I need to edit the Scene-File I get from LW with a text editor... Hmm, not too funny...
    It would be really cool to be able to direct the Alembic-Importer to a folder where you actually want the files to be...
    Last edited by fishhead; 03-27-2015 at 08:22 AM.