Thread: Skybox VS issue

Question Skybox VS issue

I'm not sure if anyone else has run into this issue but a search of the forums has returned nothing so I apologize if this has already been addresed.

We are using the Virtual Sets (VS) in VSE2.5 and have made modifications to the SKYBOX template.
    We are using it along with 4 others to created content rich professor lectures.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0009.JPG 
Views:	167 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	127496

My questions is regarding the key. It seems that we are having consistent issues with the quality of the key even when the basic setup of our greenscreen and lighting it has not changed.
    The problem is that our talent looks 2 dimensional and has a minor halo. I have adjusted the various settings in the ProcAmp and changed settings in the LiveMatte at steps of 1%.
    I am at a LOSS as to what I am doing wrong to create this issue. Any tip or trick would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VSE issue.png 
Views:	154 
Size:	225.5 KB 
ID:	127497

Ryan

That is weird. I just took a look at that set on our machine and I see the same thing. The funny thing is that I see it around my shirt, but not around my skin. It sort of reminds me of a backlight. I also don't see it around other objects that I have on set or even my light blue jeans, but I do see it around my shirt, which is red. Good Catch. I don't think that you're doing anything wrong. Have you tried different colored clothing? As a test, maybe record a bit of the person in front of the green screen and then key that recording into the live set, just to see if the problem still remains. Just for troubleshooting purposes.

Edit:
    Never mind, it's my red shirt. It happens in all of the sets. I just pulled someone else into the studio and they look fine in the skybox. Sorry.
    Last edited by Buddy.Hannon; 03-16-2015 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Added info.
    Gear Used:
    TriCaster: 40
    Cams: Panasonic AVCHD
    http://studio.ourtrainingacademy.com
    Newtek User since VT2.0

That's for the quick test. Yeah red tends to bleed so we recommend that people don't wear the color.
    We are currently running the VS's on a TriCaster410 with an input running from a BlackMagic Studio Camera.

The picture is clear and crisp but the key seems to have an issue no matter the setting on the camera.

Perhaps if you posted the following it would help: a screenshot showing your LiveMatte settings, and full size before and after (key) images captured using TriCaster's Grab feature.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

We made some changes and they helped drastically. I think the main issue was the Green screen was the wrong kind, using digital instead of Chroma. When we changed screens the issue seemed to disappear for the most part. Adjustments in lighting also helped.
    Thank you for your ideas and input. We have been working a ton of hours in our GS studios and I forgot about this posting.