Thread: Modifying the Tricaster's sets?

Modifying the Tricaster's sets?

This is probably a newbie question, but I'm using the standalone version of VSE and noticed our Tricaster has a few more sets than what comes with VSE. Is it possible to edit the sets that are in the Tricaster, or am I stuck with the templates? I tried copying the "Newtek" folder in the LiveSets folder to my machine but it won't let me open anything. Probably because it doesn't have a VSE project.
    Operations Manager, WBUP/WBKP
    TC 8000 AE

You can modify them in the Tricaster, but not actually "edit" them. You can, for example change background images in many cases. You can keep or hide desks, monitors, etc. You can add logos to walls or floors in some instances. These are all options that are built-in to the sets they provide with the TriCaster.
    Tricaster 460
    HD-SDI over coax
    JVC 890 x 2
    Panasonic 370 x 1

Using VSE on the Tricaster? Given where it's at I'd prefer to be able to make my changes on my PC then send them over to it if possible.
    TC 8000 AE

Not all of the Tricaster sets are editable in VSE.
    You can mostly turn different layers on and off, add logos, change colors. Stuff like that.

You can only edit sets that have templates. You can grab stills for the sets from the Tricaster, bring them into Photoshop and tear them apart, turn everything into it's own layer and add and remove things that way. I've been successful in adding Monitors, Cutting out walls and adding windows or different backgrounds. Then you do have to go in and add all of your reflection layers and stuff, but it can be done.

To edit the sets more easily, you would need a copy of Lightwave and the Lightwave scene and object files for the sets and render out each object as a separate .png image, bring them all into Photoshop to put them together and then add all of your reflection layers. There are some Lightwave files for some of the sets floating around out there, but it is a time consuming process. I believe that you use to be able to create sets in Lightwave and export them with all of the reflection layers and camera angles, but that seems to be no longer supported. Too bad for that.
    Gear Used:
    TriCaster: 40
    Cams: Panasonic AVCHD
    http://studio.ourtrainingacademy.com
    Newtek User since VT2.0

I've actually had some progress editing VSE sets outside of VSE working with the xml.
    Eric Pratt
    Virtualset.com - Virtual Set Marketplace
    Virtualsetworks.com - Tricaster Virtual Sets
    Virtualsetworks on Facebook - Get Social

That's interesting.
    That's what makes you the Set Master!
    I am just an egg.

Thanks for something to look into.
    Gear Used:
    TriCaster: 40
    Cams: Panasonic AVCHD
    http://studio.ourtrainingacademy.com
    Newtek User since VT2.0

Quote Originally Posted by kennb View Post
    Using VSE on the Tricaster? Given where it's at I'd prefer to be able to make my changes on my PC then send them over to it if possible.
    How would I do any of that with a non-VSE editable set? I haven't seen any options in the Tricaster to do that. Maybe I missed something.
    TC 8000 AE