Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sob! SPEED EDIT BEING DISCONTINUED?!?

Sob! SPEED EDIT BEING DISCONTINUED?!?

Digital Arts Says,
    "SPEED EDIT BEING DISCONTINUED – LAST DAY TO ORDER 3-7-15
    The stand-alone version of SpeedEdit is being discontinued. The free download for Pro-Line TriCasters will still be available. You can order either a full stand-alone copy or the 2.0 upgrade (for those with SpeedEdit 1 or VTs) until MARCH 7, 2015."

Man, I'm depressed. If anyone needs me I'll be huddled in a corner with my BetaMax decks, Amigas, and Atari Lynx System. Either that or learning Adobe Creative Cloud. I guess NewTek wants to focus on other things, but SpeedEdit sure had some areas it was far superior to anything else.

Any hopeful news, NewTek?
    Adam Lightplay
    310-779-6230
    [email protected]

"The future's so bright, I think it's unterminated".

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't mind seeing a link to that news.

Well if it's still available for the Toaster (I mean TriCaster) then I can't imagine keeping the stand alone alive would be much of a bother unless they don't want to fool with Windows 10.

TriCaster is still based on XP ??

Apologies for being ignorant on that point. I don't have a TC and I don't do high school football games. But I do edit.

<crickets> Waiting for NT to chime in here.

I'll chime in.

The above information is correct about SpeedEDIT. The add-on version will continue to be available to install on TriCaster systems, but it will not be available for standalone purchase after March 7th.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Blog Entries
    Just so we're clear. Are you guys saying that NT have stopped selling standalone SE or are you saying that only some of the retailers/distributors have stopped selling SE standalone?

SpeedEDIT is being end of life and will not be available for purchase to resellers or distributors after March 7th.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Blog Entries
    Whoa!

This is heavy.

Kane, thanks for setting the record straight.

I am very sad on many fronts. But mostly because this means the near conclusion of our community here.
    There have been too many endings for me in recent weeks. Didn't really need another one.

I will miss the conversations with professionals and friends on the list.

i thought SpeedEDIT was gone a long time ago...

hopefully not all is lost, hopefully they will use some of the code elsewhere...
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Too bad. Even though the codecs you could render finished work were limited at best, the program has been a tool I used a lot over the years.
    Why they put it in the Tricaster without codecs that were compatible, and few HD choices I have no clue.
    Toasting since 1990
    Tricaster 855 Owner

Just Tryin' To Help...
    Quote Originally Posted by lcress View Post
    Kane, thanks for setting the record straight.

I am very sad on many fronts. But mostly because this means the near conclusion of our community here.
    There have been too many endings for me in recent weeks. Didn't really need another one.

I will miss the conversations with professionals and friends on the list.
    AMEN Lynn. I have relied on this forum since SE came out (and others back to the Amiga days), and although I recently shut down my business and retired, I'm keeping my standalone SE on the laptop and the desktop VT system with SE for occasional personal (and wife's) projects. They will keep the brain cells fresh and I'll continue lurking here for the how-to-do's that have me stumped, new and different ways to create the desired message, and contributing when I feel qualified. Thanks to everyone for the Long and Great run!

Scott Bates
    formerly SB Enterprises
    Quincy, Illinois, USofA

I hope they will still give out reg codes on customer support for SpeedEDIT, I am always installing it on new machines... I F'N LOVE SPEED EDIT...I DO. Someday when I'm rich I'll buy the rights to sell it...It's still a great program I use it almost every day. HEY YOU GUYS!!!! TAKE A VISIT TO MY REVAMPED www.soundtraxxmusic.com get your lifetime subscription to my SoundTraxx Music Library for just $35.00...CHECK IT OUT AND PREVIEW THE MUSIC AT www.soundtraxxmusic.com

Your Friend,

Shawn Lee Farrell (SpeedEDIT running GREAT on WINDOWS 8.1 64bit!)

NDI Camera
    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com

I still use my two seats of SpeedEdit daily along with my 3 matching HDV cameras. I'm not planning on buying new cameras in the near future, so the codecs in SE are totally compatible. I think I will continuing using SpeedEdit, in it present state, for as long as I can keep my computer running Windows 7. I'm slowly getting used to Vegas but still feel SpeedEdit is the greatest editor I've ever worked with.
    I have gotten used to there being little support from NewTek and appreciate this forum for all of your expert advice and assistance. I truly hope this does not mean an end to this Forum on NewTek's site!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by donx View Post
    I truly hope this does not mean an end to this Forum on NewTek's site!!!!
    No plans to remove the forum ...
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by donx View Post
    . I think I will continuing using SpeedEdit, in it present state, for as long as I can keep my computer running Windows 7.!
    I'm with ya there Donx. SE still does what I need it to do.

Good to know the forum will still live on for a while, as well.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast