Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sob! SPEED EDIT BEING DISCONTINUED?!?

Exclamation

Daily...always...I love it just wish it werer faster...it's the interface plus the limited effects which are easily accessible and controlable...and it works great with lightwave & The TriCaster as an editor/compositor...

- Shawn Lee Farrell
    Last edited by Shawn Farrell; 08-08-2016 at 11:49 PM.

NDI Camera
    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com

Yes, I still use SpeedEDIT all the time.
    On my personal Windows 10 laptop it's my personal video Editor, Professional Video and Audio Editor, and occasional Photoshop.
    At work I use the SpeedEDIT bundled with our Tricaster 460 to edit, Multicam edit, and also to quickly make batches of Titles and other 32 bit Png 's to be overlays for TriCaster Broadcast.
    FCP X has some nice features, once you get past 17 layers of "On-Deck Circles", before you can start editing your files.
    Adam Lightplay
    310-779-6230
    [email protected]

"The future's so bright, I think it's unterminated".

Still using SE. Fast, easy, bakes its own bread . . .

Seriously, when I need a quick fix or doing long format, SE is my first choice.

Phil-If NewTek doesn't want to invest any more resources into this "legacy" product, what about selling it or making it "open source" to someone or an entity that would invest the resources?

Great idea if NewTek isn't interested in bringing it back. We need it!

Dumb question... Does anyone ever use the "fancy" transitions in SpeedEDIT? I must admit, I'm a cuts/fades man.. HA!
    Philip Nelson
    NewTek
    CRO - Chief Relationship Officer
    [email protected]
    http://www.newtek.com

Follow NewTek on Twitter!
    @PhilipNelson

Following on Facebook
    /Philip.Nelson

I'm with you Phil.

In LOCAL commercial production we used them a lot! It's all about the "sizzle". Those efx, and the fact that they were INCLUDED, were a huge benefit. If they could have been applied to graphics, that would have been even better. I noticed with later versions of SE, NewTek seemed to be backing away from them, which was a mistake in my opinion. The bottom line is, I helped my clients to make millions of dollars with NewTek. Starting with VT2 , the software allowed me to do 18+ spots per day.

TFrank... I think the reason NewTek did that was some legacy design issues in how the effects were done and trying to move SpeedEDIT from SD to HD.

I appreciate you guys feedback!
    Philip Nelson
    NewTek
    [email protected]

@PhilipNelson

Following on Facebook
    /Philip.Nelson

TFrank makes a good point about graphics. Although I don't use many of the effects, I do create graphics and animation for insertion into SE. I either use Mirage or TV Paint to do that. NewTek owns Aura (a version of these two programs). It would be great if Aura and SE were updated and combined into one incredible graphics/animation/editing program that would allow users to access the legacy effects, update them to HD or create new ones along with other graphics and animation. Just a suggestion.

Phillip, I am glad that someone is asking questions. I have been "forced" to go to the Adobe Creative Suite for commercials. The software just wasn't "designed" for a quick work flow. I like having access to lots of effects, although I was spoiled by NewTek having so many built in. I can do a great spot on Premiere Pro. I just can't do it quickly. Time IS money at my level. If I can't get it done, I can't get it on the air. That is where the real money comes from. He who controls the creative part, usually controls the time buy.

@Tfrank.. Just because I'm asking doesn't mean that anything is going to happen.. LOL.. That said.. I'm always an internal lobbyist for SpeedEDIT.
    Philip Nelson
    NewTek
    [email protected]

@PhilipNelson

Following on Facebook
    /Philip.Nelson

I was able to incorporate the HD wipes and transitions from Digital Juice in Speed Edit using them as overlays and they worked pretty well. http://www.digitaljuice.com/djtv/detail.aspx?sid=810

@pnelson Talk to these guys...https://fxhome.com/

HitFilm is the bomb compositor that SE needed . . . . but on the flip side their editor needs help, big time.

In my dream world I would edit in SE, right click on a video clip and fire up HF to do compositing effects and never leave the same package.

FXHome is even smaller than NT, but they have some solid roots... just like NT. You guys are very similar. Together the potential is huge.

If somehow, NT can merge an updated SE with Animation Store and VSE and call it SE Xtreme 64, then I think we will have something even greater.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast