Thread: C: drive getting full. Help!

C: drive getting full. Help!

I have a 460. My c: drive has less than 1GB free. Does anyone know how full the c: drive was as shipped? I've only installed speededit since acquring the unit. I cannot update the 460 because there is not enough space on the c: drive.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

SpeedEdit's not that big. I'm not sure what might be occupying your drive, but you could always just do a Restore, reinstall SE, then update. You'd be back to 'fresh as a daisy' state afterward.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Lightbulb

Hi Max,

Steve's advice is spot-on.

Another option is to exit to Windows, then take a look via Windows Explorer to see if you can determine what is filling the hard drive. I would guess that your video content is getting recorded or copied to the C: drive. Those files can be very large...and can gobble up any free space you originally had.

There are few other things that could consume such a large amount of space. It almost has to be video files.

Sincerely,
    Tim Hedegaard
    Virtualsets.com, Inc.
    NewTek Authorized Reseller
    NewTek Developer Partner - Customized LiveSets for HD-series TriCasters

www.virtualsets.com
    [email protected]

(323) 512-1542 office
    or call toll-free: 1-855-TRICAST

Here is a good free tool you can use to find out what might be taking up your disk space, SpaceSniffer.
    http://www.uderzo.it/main_products/space_sniffer/

This tool doesn't have to be installed, just put it on a USB drive and run it. It will scan you drive and the more space that a file/folder take up on your hard drive, the larger the 'box' will be in the display. I've had times where some big file is located deep in a folder, but using a tool like this you can find it right away.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.