Thread: Can TalkShow display a web page

Can TalkShow display a web page

I just started setting up a DEMO TalkShow we got for a test drive. I was thinking if it can display a web page on the SDI output it would solve two problems for us doing interviews and showing web cams.
    Is there a way for TalkShow to display a web page on the SDI output? if it can we would not need a 2nd computer to just to show a web page.

Interesting. The SDI output is, of course, intended to output video from the incoming Skype caller. The source for this is always the remote Skype call, although you can substitute a grabbed image if you like. A still image probably would not help you, but one thing that comes to mind is that you could use the regular Skype client's screen sharing on a networked laptop and use a Skype call from the laptop to the TalkShow to do this.

If you have a TriCaster, though, it would probably be a lot simpler just to send both TalkShow output and a web browser from another computer on the network to TriCaster's network inputs. No need for the SDI output at all ...
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I tried using the Skype desktop screen sharing feature (which would do what you want), but it appears that Skype TX doesn't accept it at this point.

I'll put in a feature request for this.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.