Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Dan Ablan lightwave Medical Courseware

Here's the latest from Dan

Quote Originally Posted by RonGC View Post
    Still no links for my long standing preorder. I have purchased several books and videos from him in the past and never had anything like this debacle previously. Dan really needs to get this handled, it is very hard now to trust his brand.
    It does say on the site (today), if you haven't received download links, you should have them this weekend!
    Good luck.

I don't know how much you paid, but it's reduced from $129 to $89.
    It would only be fair for all preorders to be credited the difference as a courtesy for the ridiculous delay.
    Last edited by Markc; 11-19-2016 at 05:37 AM.
    Mac Pro (2010) OSX 10.13 RX580 Pulse LW2019 LWCad 2018

I haven't received links yet. I emailed Dan yesterday along with my pre-order receipt from 2014(!!) inquiring on said links. He responded quickly stating he was in the process of manually emailing them out as there's a glitch in the automatic IT matrix. Oh well, what's another week or two wait in the Grand Scheme of Things?
    Humans are pretty much monkeys with car keys.

Quote Originally Posted by 50one View Post
    Here's the latest from Dan...[/video]
    He's so beige.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

I just emailed 3DG and immediately got a download link. I'm still going through it, but it looks unfinished, with stuff missing...which would be a major anticlimax.

What do you mean by unfinished and what is missing?

Quote Originally Posted by 3D Kiwi View Post
    What do you mean by unfinished and what is missing?
    E.g., there is a Cancer Cells set that has videos 1, 2, 4, and 5...no 3. In the last video 5, Dan says "let's go on to the next project," and there is no next project. I just had a brief look and saw stuff like this, it seems unfinished. I emailed 3DG, let's see what they find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekhar View Post
    E.g., there is a Cancer Cells set that has videos 1, 2, 4, and 5...no 3. In the last video 5, Dan says "let's go on to the next project," and there is no next project. I just had a brief look and saw stuff like this, it seems unfinished. I emailed 3DG, let's see what they find out.
    Late to be released, drop in price and missing features. Sounds like he is just doing it the Newtek way :-)

Just got a response from Dan: apparently he's working on the remaining sections, this is indeed an interim release. At least we have something to check out, let's see how it is.

^
    He should be informing customers of these omissions in the links email. It's going to get a lot of people reaching the 'wtf' stage after the 2 year wait already.

I got my link email late in the evening yesterday. Proceeded to download which took a long while for each one. Can't remember what the total GB of the zip files were (and haven't even opened them to check things out) but I'd say it took about 2 hours total to get them. This is on a wifi 5.0GHz connected laptop with a very fast ISP service. Comparatively I had recently downloaded World of Warcraft (for the kids!) on the same laptop and the 40 GB download took less than an hour.

Btw, The last zip file "Content" downloaded in a millisecond. Haven't unzipped this either but I imagine as being the source content for the tutorials I'd thought the file would be relatively big in 10's or 100's of MB. Will have to check things out when I can.

Just received another 3DGarage email with link for an 'updated version' of LWMCW. Haven't checked it out since I'm not at home to download. Promising, tho'!

Just received my download links, will see what all i get. If it is still a work in progress going to be a bit miffed.

Just got my email with the "updated" links. That was the first email I've received which is just as well I didn't try the old ones.
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Well downloaded the course files and looks like the complete package. The content file is small but as the training uses mostly hypervoxels and procedural textures you cram a lot in a small package. Glad to have this pre order completed.

Hi,
    If I purchase the "LightWave 3D Medical Courseware" is now updated and complete?
    Thanks in advance for any reply
    Last edited by Ariandesign; 11-29-2017 at 04:45 PM.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast