Thread: Timer countdown not working when playing video in DDR

Timer countdown not working when playing video in DDR

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue recently?

I upgraded my 460 to the latest update last week and on a job the other day I noticed when I was playing out videos in the DDR the timecode remained static. The video played out perfectly, but the only time on display was the overall length of the video. The progress bar under the DDR didn't move either which is something I've not seen before.

It kept me on my toes as I would normally cue the speakers using the countdown and had to think on my feet a bit without knowing when the clip would end!

If anyone has a solution for this or has had a similar issue, it would be great to hear it.

Thanks,
    Simon Malone
    Certified Tricaster Operator
    FreelanceVisionMixer.co.uk
    About Me | Day Rates & Kit Hire

Unusual to be sure. Was the clip one you had used before without a problem? Was it captured on TriCaster, or from another source? Did you try it in a new session, to see if that made a difference?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Does you filename have any non-alphanumeric characters in it?
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I had this yesterday followed by a system crash, not seen it before, but it happened again this morning. I did an update to latest firmware yesterday and am now rolling back just in case. Our filenames have _ in them and spaces IE 0219_ANISOMETHING or sometimes 0219 ANISOMETHING depending on who's made the video. Our videos are rendered out as h.264 with a mov extension from premier.

We've also had a couple of other glitches which i've written a whole other post about, but this was one of the recent symptons.

To be honest I didn't try it in another project and the settings are exactly the sake as dtweek's (h264 mov extension from Premiere). Everything else seems OK and the system was stable with no crashes, but it just makes me a bit nervous when some bits start playing up and you are never quite sure what might happen next!

I am back out on a job later this week and will try it in a new project and see what happens. If I notice any other issues I will post them here. Sure it's just a minor glitch as part of the update, but would be a good one to look at for the next patch.
    Simon Malone
    Certified Tricaster Operator
    FreelanceVisionMixer.co.uk
    About Me | Day Rates & Kit Hire

Are you importing these files, thus converting them to TriCaster's native SpeedHQ format, or are these the raw renders from Premiere?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

in my case they are raw renders from prem as we use rundown creator to send the files to the system and play out. It's not been a problem for us in the past so we don't tend to run the conversion as it's always been fine in the past.

We did try to get the codec installed on prem so we could export in the native format but that didn't seem to work, as it wasn't causing a problem we didn't spend much time following up on that.

We had the exact same issue last week.
    All videos imported through the "Media Import" feature in Tricaster.
    Some times the videos played with the timer progress moving along, sometimes there was no indication at all the the DDR was playing (except the the video was playing in the PGM window and DDR preview).
    We also have the newest firmware installed.

If it happens consistently with a specific clip, I'd love to be able to examine a sample clip.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Sorry. Different file every time.

Sorry to dredge up an old thread... Was there ever a discovery on this? The timecode disappears on us ALL of the time. 860, current build. I can tell you how to get the timecode back... IF a clip is playing and the TC is not running, choose another DDR bin/folder and then return to the one your clip is playing from and it will populate the timecode. That works for us 99% of the time. I can say that this happens 10 times a day on an 8 hour show with commercial breaks every 30 minutes or so. Quite often.