Thread: Case # 246454 - Looking for some suggestions

Case # 246454 - Looking for some suggestions

Hi,
    we received our T-40 back from Newtek. The unit stopped working. They replaced the Power Supply and the hard drive. I got it all hooked up and had to call customer support because it took me to the registration screen, but keep freezing when I went to register the software. CS had me install the 5G update and that seemed to let the unit boot. In getting ready to preform a streaming test for a client, the unit was very sluggish, I kept getting, streaming panel has stopped, please reconfigure errors, Record warning - Drive might be too slow, plug in devices might become unresponsive during long sessions. Things played in the DDR or audio from the GFX's played very choppy, it was hard to control the mouse. When trying to stream, the stream would play for two seconds and then buffer for 30 seconds, sometimes never restarting.

CS has me doing a system restore, 44 minutes remaining and then do the update again.

My question is, might there be some sort of partial workaround? I have a show on Thursday and a show on Monday and having to rent a machine for the two dates really eats into my profit. I'm thinking that there's probably not anything to do but to send the T-40 right back to Newtek and bite the bullet on the rental, but a boy can hope.

I'm just a bit peeved because because we just got it back and it was supposed to be good to go. I'm just trying to be proactive and see if I have any options in-case the restore and update don't improve things.

Thanks
    Gear Used:
    TriCaster: 40
    Cams: Panasonic AVCHD
    http://studio.ourtrainingacademy.com
    Newtek User since VT2.0

So, after the system restore, the unit boots with an error message, doesn't go into the Tricaster. In C://Tricaster there are only two folders 'Effects' and 'Media'.
    Maybe they didn't use a good image when they re-imaged the drive? It seems like you can't restore the unit from the image that was put on the drive.

It's quite disappointing to get a paid repair back from the factory and have it still not work.

So, I'm boxing it up, dropping it off and picking up a rental.

Oh, Joy.
    Gear Used:
    Newtek User since VT2.0

I wanted to give props to Laura from CS. She reached out and offered to send us out a refurbed T-40 so I wouldn't have to rent a Tricaster to get my scheduled shows done. I did decline, as I need to have a Tricaster in place as early as possible on Thursday to get everything setup, tested and then run test with all of the parcipants.
    But it's the reaching out with a possible option that was very cool.

Thank You Laura for you effort!
    Gear Used:
    Newtek User since VT2.0