Thread: Blackmagic Design Fusion 7.6 and Davinci Resolve 11.2 out

Blackmagic Design Fusion 7.6 and Davinci Resolve 11.2 out

Just noticed that new versions are out: Blackmagic Design Fusion 7.6 and Davinci Resolve 11.2.

These guys are so quiet about their software updates...

Edit: Haven't seen any change log of fusion but for Resolve:

"DaVinci Resolve 11.2 includes improvements to CinemaDNG RAW image processing that makes working with files shot on Blackmagic digital film cameras look even better than before. Customers can take advantage of new colorspace transform enhancements when decoding RAW files for more realistic Rec. 709 and P3 colorspace images. New soft clip options are now available when converting high dynamic range CinemaDNG RAW images into Rec. 709 colorspace. That means customers will get dramatically better images when moving to reduced color spaces because colors are transformed using new algorithms designed to minimize clipping and provide amazing results.

DaVinci Resolve 11.2 also makes it easier to work with Avid editors because you can now move both high resolution media and sequences back and forth between the two systems. New DNxHR encoding and decoding lets customers work natively and share the same high resolution media files, and improved AAF import and export lets editors and colorists round trip projects with Media Composer 8.3 more accurately and reliably than ever before.

Additional features in DaVinci Resolve 11.2 include the ability to select RGB pixel order when working with DPX 2.0 files, new flag and marker support in ColorTrace, and support for the Red SDK 5.3."
    Last edited by Marander; 02-10-2015 at 08:18 AM.

Yes....19th December

Anyway, I would love to know what we do with bugs as I've found couple of those and even tho I've asked in couple of places no one seems to give a crap - oh well, the price of a product being "free"....

Yeah you're right, not so hot news about Fusion . I hope they keep improving it, since BlackMagic is more a hardware business.

Resolve release was a week ago.

I just installed Natron 1.0.2 too, that one is brand new but haven't played with it yet, no idea if it's any good.

Version 7.7 is out....

Still haven't upgraded from 6.4. Is the full version (Fusion Studio) out yet? I really need the network capabilities and OFX support. The optical flow stuff would be nice too.

G.

Blog Entries
    From what i can tell yeah Fusion Studio 7.7 is out. But the download is here https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/family/fusion
    Ell no 'ta enamora' de mi, yo tampoco

Answering my own post: yeah, I see it's available at B&H Photo for $945.

Sigh...and I had just saved up enough for the Cintiq Companion 2 for when it's released this spring. Better keep on saving.

G.

Does anybody know if I'll have to buy brand new render nodes? I currently have six Fusion render nodes but they're for Fusion 6.4. I know there's no special pricing for upgrading the main program from 6.4 to 7.x, but I was wondering if that also meant render nodes too.

G.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/pro...fusion/compare

if you get fusion studio, it comes with unlimited render nodes. 7.7 was the first one that has the render nodes installer, so I haven't tested it yet, but that's what it says on the compare website.
    illuminatedtools.com My great light probe Library.

An even better reason for me to upgrade! Thanks for the info wellsichris.

G.