Thread: TriCaster return to known state

TriCaster return to known state

While programming macros I've come to realize some functions are just toggles and some don't exist at all. Is there a way to return the TriCaster to a known state every time, for example DDRs empty, DSK untaken, etc.?

My application uses the TriCaster to produce a weather broadcast where I am on-screen and directing simultaneously. Starting from a known point each time is important.

Help!

Quote Originally Posted by geofffox View Post
    While programming macros I've come to realize some functions are just toggles and some don't exist at all. Is there a way to return the TriCaster to a known state every time, for example DDRs empty, DSK untaken, etc.?

My application uses the TriCaster to produce a weather broadcast where I am on-screen and directing simultaneously. Starting from a known point each time is important.

Help!
    There are some command to do this. For example, to turn on/off a DSK you can use the 'main_dsk1_value' command with a value of 0 or 1.

Here is a link that has a listing of most of the TriCaster macro commands. http://forums.newtek.com/attachment....7&d=1410445239
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks -- very helpful. When in doubt I just tried subbing value in what was a toggle situation. So far, so good.

Is there any way to make sure the DDRs are empty or empty them by command?

Haven't tried this, but you might be able to use the delete preset command.

Try the command 'ddr_delete_preset' (or 'ddr2_delete_preset'), the value would be the preset to delete.

If that doesn't work, then the only other method I can think would would be to select the clip, then delete it. You would just have to make the macro select enough clip numbers to account for the total number of clips that you might have in the DDR. The commands are in the guide that is linked above.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    Haven't tried this, but you might be able to use the delete preset command.

Try the command 'ddr_delete_preset' (or 'ddr2_delete_preset'), the value would be the preset to delete.

If that doesn't work, then the only other method I can think would would be to select the clip, then delete it. You would just have to make the macro select enough clip numbers to account for the total number of clips that you might have in the DDR. The commands are in the guide that is linked above.
    It doesn't work. I think I'm stuck with having to remember every time... or getting this command (and a few others) added.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    Here is a link that has a listing of most of the TriCaster macro commands. http://forums.newtek.com/attachment....7&d=1410445239
    Is there a list anywhere of the macro shortcut commands? I've been searching for a while and this list is very helpful but a list of the shortcut commands would be very nice!

I just tried the 'ddr_delete_preset' command, it does work, but computers start counting at 0 (zero) not 1. So value 0 would be preset 1, value 1 would be preset 2 and so on. You will find this quite a bit when working with macros, internally things start counting at 0, while on the interface they are named to be starting at 1.

The link I sent above is a list of the macro shortcut commands. One thing to notice is that commands that start with a '_' need to have a prefix filled in before the command. For example, the command '_delete_preset' needs to have 'ddr', 'ddr2', 'stills', 'titles' or 'sound' in front of it so it knows what media player to function on.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.