Thread: A little macro help needed

A little macro help needed

I've had limited time on my TriCaster Mini, but soon it will be in use daily for live broadcasts. More on that later.

Macros will be very important to me. I'm both on-camera talent and director! The broadcast is a weathercast. Maps (as mov files) are sent via FTP to a file server mapped as a drive on my TriCaster.

I need to automate a sequence which will run a series of macros, but pause between each one until I hit a remote button. How do I program in that 'pause' and wait for switch closure? This is a subject not covered in great detail in the manual or the 8000 tutorials.

In essence I want to run a sophisticated PowerPoint.

The files will be new every day, but with the same file names and length.

Will someone give me some advice, please? Thanks.

Pause/continue behavior is not supported. You may, however, be able to achieve your desired workflow using DDRs in Single mode (with or without Autoplay, according to your need) triggered by a single macro.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

You might want to look at a look like this. http://lanlink.tv/index.php/shoutbox

It will run a series of macros in order each time your press the button.

Otherwise, if the macro can be reduced down to something that is the same each time, like goto next clip and play. You can also look into the Hotspots as a way to trigger macros while on-screen.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Kane - I think that's what I need. It's a little late in Sweden. Do you know approximately how much that is?

Sorry, I have no idea on the price. I did see one of these units last year at NAB and it worked nicely.
    Last edited by kanep; 02-02-2015 at 01:36 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Kane - FYI $670USD plus shipping. I'm not sure there's another solution.

Thanks,
    Geoff

I have just purchased a Shout. It is being shipped from Stockholm, Sweden and should be here Friday. I really appreciate you pointing me in their direction. They seem like the only solution. I traded a few emails and am satisfied.

For true single operator (one-man-band) use, TriCaster macros should be able to wait for a keypress. That is a huge stumbling block.