Thread: Where is Mot-ify Delete Motion Keys in 2015

Newbie Member

Where is Mot-ify Delete Motion Keys in 2015

I just upgraded to LW 2015 and I can't find the "Mot-ify" Delete command. Is it still there and how do I make it the default for my Del key?

oh corks
    Mot-ify should be under Utilities/Additional/...

You'd edit keyboard shortcuts by looking in the manual for how to edit keyboard shortcuts.

Yeah, it should be in there. For some reason it's gotten added and dropped from the default menus from release to release. You can add it yourself as Cardboard described above. If you don't see it at all, then the plugin needs to be re-added. You can do a scan of your lightwave directory but be sure you're not including the rollback directory in your scan because this directory can contain duplicates and old versions of plugins. (You can temporariy move it before scanning or just delete it if you don't think you'll need it. FWIW, I just delete it.)

G.

Newbie Member
    Thank you for the response.

Newbie Member
    I know how to edit the keyboard shortcuts, but as far as I can tell Mot-ify is not listed as a command. If it is under the Motion category with the Delete key, I can't find it. I've pretty much looked through all the commands but I'm not seeing it listed. Any help would be appreciated.

It's like a Lightwave unicorn. It's really hard to find. The plugin is called Mot-ify.p but it appears in the keyboard shortcuts list as "TM-P Mot-ify Delete Motion Keys". It's definitely in the install, because I use it all the time. The .p is in the utility folder, under support\plugins. In the command list it is just under "Pliug-ins". I map it to Shift Control D, which is a lot less of a jazz chord than it sounds. Good Luck!

Also don't forget there is a legacy zip file for older LW plugins for compatibility issues. You have to unzip and install these LW 2015 does not do it automatically.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2019.03

Very nice Laptop