Thread: Time for an update for NewTek LiveText??

Time for an update for NewTek LiveText??

Hello, Newtek Team.

I want to know if its going to be an update for Livetext? Our high-school bought it 2 years ago, but all I see is Third-party commercial text sofware (sold separately).

Please consider for your next update the following items:

• Social Media Feed Integration (Moderation options)
    • Custom animated IN/OUT graphics
    • New templates

Waiting for your answer

Something else I'd like to see, if at all possible...make DataLink compatible with either Microsoft Excel or at least XML files. I've been importing the XML file that StatCrew outputs into Excel and using Visual Basic code to write the stats I want to a text file so that LiveText can read it. It would be really convenient if I could save the step of coding.

DataLink can read XML files, there is a sample one found in the Text Input folder that you can look at.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Kane,

Datalink will only read the most basic XML file. This is why I developed CGStatLink to decode the complex StatCrew XML files and auto parse them in to something more manageable.
    Zach Schuster
    SuiteCG- Sports Scoreboard and Stat Tools
    Tricaster 855/460
    Zeplay Instant Replay
    ScoreOCR
    Sony NX5U

•Social Media Feed Integration (Moderation options)

I like this!
    Common Gear Used:
    TriCaster: 40, 460, TC 1
    Time Warp TW42
    Cameras: Sony PXWX70, Newtek PTZ / HX
    Cable Solution:Coax HD_SDI & IP
    Newtek Spark HDMI
    Teradek Cube 105
    Chevy City Express Van

Any news, NewTek team?

We're always listening, and we're always working on advancements. Sometimes these are exactly the things asked for. Perhaps more often, they take another route to the same (or a similar) end result. One thing for certain, though - we don't discuss our plans or projects in advance, sorry.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

From Browser To Broadcast jmmultex's Avatar
    If you are interested in getting Tweets on air, you should reach out to Jose Burgos - he has been working on a product that will let you moderate tweets, do polling, (and other twitter-based audience interactions) and get them on air quickly. It is TriCaster friendly and designed for live production environments. He is on the forums quite a bit. (Private message me if you want his direct contact details.)

john
    John Mahoney
    GNURAL NET, Inc.
    Trenton, NJ 08691

[email protected]
    http://www.gnuralnet.com

Gear:
    Gnural Net LiveToAir, TC1, TC1LP, MDS1, TC8000, Cameras: NDIHX-PTZ1, PTZ Optics ZCAM 20x

I would thoroughly enjoy a zoom feature or option. It can get hard to see with multiple text boxes and layers.

I agree that live text needs to be a little bit more advanced. I do my Graphics in Photoshop for lower thirds and you can't even import them all directry as stand alone slides. They come in as separate layers on a single slide.

If you want to import an image as a single layer, or course you can just flatten it as a single layer before saving or exporting from Photoshop, right?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")