Thread: Render objects separatly

Render objects separatly

Hi folks!
    Sorry maybe it's a stupid question...I have to render only one layer (windows) in my model...I know, of course "Compositing Buffer Exporting" or "PSD Export" or "ef Item Focus"...but I would like to render only what I can want and what I can see!
    The model is a building and the shape is like a C.

1 - If I use "ef Item Focus"...I render also the parts that I don't want to see because they are in the back of my model.
    2 - If I use "Compositing Buffer Exporting"...I have to render the whole render and I can't and I don't want to wait another 3h just for Re-Render only the windows.
    3 - If I use "PSD Export"...I can't render only one layer.

Any advice, please?
    Thank you

Nico

...I mean...the best could be to render with "Compositing Buffer Exporting", but directly only what I need without Re-Render the whole render...is there some way?
    It seems to me something so simple and obvious...to can re-Render only what I need and see...but I don't find anything about that...

Thanks again.

F11 will render only what you have selected but it only does one frame. It's like an alternative to F9.

To render frames you would have to use something like PassPort or Janus. They're render passes plugins.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo

Is it possible to select all of the other items, apart from the windows, and change them to 'Matte Object' under the object properties? That would render them all black, and you could potentially composite the windows over the top in the compositing app/photoshop?
    Depending on how you want to composite it, and what may or may not work, you can set your matte objects to be ignored in the alpha channel too.
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Quote Originally Posted by Niko3D View Post
    ...I mean...the best could be to render with "Compositing Buffer Exporting", but directly only what I need without Re-Render the whole render...is there some way?
    It seems to me something so simple and obvious...to can re-Render only what I need and see...but I don't find anything about that...

Thanks again.
    Hi Ernpchan!
    F11 is the same like the plug "ef Item Focus"...I can select one or more layers and render them for whole own geometry, but the problem in my case is that I don't want to see all of them...because in the foreground I have some buildings and some windows are in the back of my building project.
    So I need to Re-render only the windows that I see in my final image...

But Pass Port or Janus are really good...

Thank you!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lardbros View Post
    Is it possible to select all of the other items, apart from the windows, and change them to 'Matte Object' under the object properties? That would render them all black, and you could potentially composite the windows over the top in the compositing app/photoshop?
    Depending on how you want to composite it, and what may or may not work, you can set your matte objects to be ignored in the alpha channel too.
    Hi Lardbros!
    I'll try your way...I think could work!...

Thanks a lot guys...

Would it achieve what you are after if you set everything in the scene to "unseen by camera" except your windows?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeshan View Post
    Would it achieve what you are after if you set everything in the scene to "unseen by camera" except your windows?
    Hi,

My problem is that my building is a C shape...and if I put everything "unseen" I can see the windows in the back...
    I think the best way for now is to use to put everything in Black Matte...except the windows...

Thanks!

I'd think that in Modeler, you could simply select all of your windows and place them into a separate layer. Now in layout, you can easily toggle everything else to be unseen by camera, etc. so as to not render.

Edit: Ah, just saw the previous post. Even so, when you composite the scene, you could set it up with "foreground" and "background" windows so the building would mask the windows that it would normally block. Or perhaps even using an object dissolve technique when re-rendering.
    Last edited by Ma3rk; 01-22-2015 at 08:43 AM.