Thread: Clips in DDRs off line after project open XD855 - Case 73481

Unhappy Clips in DDRs off line after project open XD855 - Case 73481

Hi all,

I am having a particular problem after the most recent update (Rev6e - 141029): after I open a project clips in DDRs whose tabs aren't active open up as offline (as if removed from the HDD). When I go to the tab and duplicate any of the clips in that particular DDR, all of them come back online. I have reported this problem to QA and I have a case number 73481. They asked for some more information (I sent them my project folder as well as my log file), and I tried giving it to them, however never got any further response. Eventually, I tried creating another ticket, this time with ID number 244096 and I got a response from Roy Porter saying that he has passed this information to appropriate people, however I still haven't got any further response for almost 2 moths now.

This problem happens regardless of whether this is a new or old project. When the project is loading, the status field has an error displayed in it, that is too long to read, however I believe I have managed to find this particular exception in the log file:

[EFLSH] [14-11-10 12:19.23 (Medium)] System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Components.UI.Controls.ScrubBar.HandleWarningColor Changed()
    at System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged( DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnPropertyChanged( DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChan ge(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
    at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveVal ue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, OperationType operationType)
    at System.Windows.DependencyObject.InvalidateProperty (DependencyProperty dp)
    at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.Invalidate(B oolean isASubPropertyChange)
    at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.TransferValu e(Object newValue, Boolean isASubPropertyChange)
    at MS.Internal.Data.ClrBindingWorker.NewValueAvailabl e(Boolean dependencySourcesChanged, Boolean initialValue, Boolean isASubPropertyChange)
    at MS.Internal.Data.PropertyPathWorker.UpdateSourceVa lueState(Int32 k, ICollectionView collectionView, Object newValue, Boolean isASubPropertyChange)
    at MS.Internal.Data.PropertyPathWorker.OnDependencyPr opertyChanged(DependencyObject d, DependencyProperty dp, Boolean isASubPropertyChange)
    at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.HandleProper tyInvalidation(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
    at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.OnPropertyIn validation(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
    at System.Windows.DependentList.InvalidateDependents( DependencyObject source, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs sourceArgs)
    at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChan ge(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
    at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveVal ue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, OperationType operationType)
    at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueCommon(Dep endencyProperty dp, Object value, PropertyMetadata metadata, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, OperationType operationType, Boolean isInternal)
    at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValue(Dependenc yProperty dp, Object value)
    at Components.UI.Controls.TimeCodeDisplay.set_IsWarni ngColorOn(Boolean value)
    at Components.UI.DDR.DDR.ProcessWarningColor()
    at Components.UI.DDR.DDR.UpdatePlayIndex()
    at Components.UI.DDR.DDR.OnPlaylistChanged(Object sender, PlaylistChangedEventArgs e)
    at Components.UI.Playlist.Playlist2.<>c__DisplayClass 19.<AddItemsThreadProc>b__13()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Objec t target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
    at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatch When(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

It would be extremely helpful if I could get any information on this issue, any ways to get it resolved or if I should just give up and downgrade to the previous version. I would do that, but I would like to keep it as recent as possible to be able to quickly get through the support cycle, where updating to the latest version is almost always required before going further.
    TV TOYA
    Local Cable Broadcaster
    Poland

Oh, sorry for bugging - I just went back to fogbugz on the original ticket and saw that everything is now there, including an e-mail from QA postmarked late November (that I didn't receive) saying they have been able to reproduce the issue and are working on a fix. Any word on a new build?
    TV TOYA
    Local Cable Broadcaster
    Poland