Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chronosculpt and nevron motion

Chronosculpt and nevron motion

Hi,

I have bought chronosculpt and nevronmotion on day one when released.
    because it promised well for the future and to support the development of new lightwave tools.

2 years ago.......

Now..... these programs seems abandoned. No news, no ugpgrade, nothing.
    chronosculpt seems more like a tech demo than a finished product. I have requested a simple rotation features some time ago. Nothing.

Nevronmotion is a little more advenced, but can be much better.

Why?

Are they like other good newtek idea : released then immediately dropped?

I regret buying these tools. I have lost my money for a dead horse.

well Im pretty sure it was only a year and a half ago since it was unveiled at Siggraph which is in the summer.

But yes, it would be nice to know if there will be updates to either program, specifically CS since as far as Nevron goes, there are other options for retargeting.

I too have been waiting for Chronosculpt and a rotate feature, put in a request and haven't heard anything back. Totally inexcusable for a product that's been out for about 1.5 years.
    It's better to have tried and failed, than to have failed to try.
    Patreon - www.patreon.com/ernesttx

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    But yes, it would be nice to know if there will be updates to either program, specifically CS since as far as Nevron goes, there are other options for retargeting.
    For those who bought into Nevron (incl. myself), the availability of other options doesn't much lessen the frustration that LW3DG has failed to communicate about or update it in quite some time. I suspect Chronosculpt customers feel much the same.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    For those who bought into Nevron (incl. myself), the availability of other options doesn't much lessen the frustration that LW3DG has failed to communicate about or update it in quite some time. I suspect Chronosculpt customers feel much the same.
    Agreed. That's like saying "You don't need character animation in LW, there's always Maya."

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon2.0 View Post
    Agreed. That's like saying "You don't need character animation in LW, there's always Maya."
    Well no. It's more like saying, you don't need NevronMotion as much when you can already do retargeting in LW with IKBooster as Ryan has showed or even use an inexpensive plugin like Rhiggit. The Maya example is quite exaggerated.

I bought Chronosculpt and am just as frustrated with the fact that there doesn't appear to be any sign these programs will be updated anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    Well no. It's more like saying, you don't need NevronMotion as much when you can already do retargeting in LW with IKBooster as Ryan has showed or even use an inexpensive plugin like Rhiggit. The Maya example is quite exaggerated.

I bought Chronosculpt and am just as frustrated with the fact that there doesn't appear to be any sign these programs will be updated anytime soon.

I figured you would have bought CS and not Nevron since Nevron wasn't your concern. I bought Nevron and not CS, so I guess Nevron is MORE my concern. But as I said in another thread, it looks like LW3DG isn't focusing on those applications at all - AND - there is no communication AT ALL concerning these two apps.

Also, Rhiggit is about $185 US and I bought Nevron I believe for $199. Not a huge difference. And Nevron does do more than just re-targeting.

Unfortunately it looks like Nevron and CS are going the way of Rendition - or they will ultimately be ported to LW.

Weren't those Ikeda's babies?
    With his departure, perhaps they have become moribund.

Which would really push me to a decision I get to live with...
    Robert Wilson, MA Deaf Ed.
    Indiana Deaf School
    This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Weren't those Ikeda's babies?
    With his departure, perhaps they have become moribund.

Which would really push me to a decision I get to live with...
    I think Chronosculpt was David Ikeda's baby... I have a feeling that Nevron was more David Vrba's.
    I hope they communicate something regarding these... a great shame if they've been left for dead. Especially as in general LW is looking up, a huge blip like this on their reputation, won't do any good!
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Maybe they hit their impasse when Rob asked him to add to the tool set for Chronosculpt and he replied that the architecture needed more work.
    Sentenced to 310 years for crimes against modelling and rendering.

I'd like to see updates to both applications too... Chronosculpt, as useful as it can be for animators, is quite basic for a $400 program. The purpose of chronosculpt is so narrow in its current state that I feel it limits the potential customer base. They just have to expand on what they've started and we all know this.

If only one thing were to be updated with Nevron, it would be to add rig-independent retargeting functionality... none of this "use and work with my rig/rig parts exclusively to get this capability" mentality. Nevron's next update needs to prioritize this as its sensor support is really held back by limited retargeting capability. I'm willing to put in the time/effort to create a proper retargeting system for Lightwave having already created a proof of concept plugin for that purpose... but I'd really prefer that LW3DG beats me to it!
    Last edited by Ryan Roye; 01-08-2015 at 08:22 AM.
    Professional-level 3d training: Ryan's Lightwave Learning
    Plugin Developer: RR Tools for Lightwave

Not to dismiss efforts and I know it is unavoidable for me to not coming off sounding like an ***, but I don't understand how anyone would have paid for those. Especially with the release and update history of the company. Two brand new products at a time when the team had seemingly been absent (to the public) already for quite some time with their main piece of software, Lightwave.

Developing software is an incredible task to undertake. I think it's great Newtek gave it a shot, but they have much higher priorities. Getting their "house" in order being the largest; Lightwave.

It was an un-needed distraction for the team. You can have your cake, later, when the kitchen is built.
    Last edited by Mr_Q; 01-08-2015 at 09:59 AM.
    Kevin "Q" Quattro
    Inhance Digital
    3D Art Director

If it has animated sculpting in it, I'm buying it.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Quote Originally Posted by lardbros View Post
    I think Chronosculpt was David Ikeda's baby... I have a feeling that Nevron was more David Vrba's.
    I hope they communicate something regarding these... a great shame if they've been left for dead. Especially as in general LW is looking up, a huge blip like this on their reputation, won't do any good!
    Yeah, and looking at Ikeda's posting on FB it doesn't shine a positive spotlight on the internal working of NT/LW3DG.

After the last communication blackout and Rob coming in and stating that they were going to work on communication... I'm hopeful. Not optimistic, but hopeful. But then I've given NT/LW3DG the benefit of the doubt on many occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Q View Post
    Not to dismiss efforts and I know it is unavoidable for me to not coming off sounding like an ***, but I don't understand how anyone would have paid for those. Especially with the release and update history of the company. Two brand new products at a time when the team had seemingly been absent (to the public) already for quite some time with their main piece of software, Lightwave.

Developing software is an incredible task to undertake. I think it's great Newtek gave it a shot, but they have much higher priorities. Getting their "house" in order being the largest; Lightwave.

It was an un-needed distraction for the team. You can have your cake, later, when the kitchen is built.
    You're right, but if people NEED/WANT these items, they buy them. I really wanted to move away from Motion Builder with an easy/simple solution for retargeting so Nevron seemed like a good fit. But then here it is more than a year and a half later and nothing. They don't respond to questions on the forum and simply ignore everyone. It really is maddening to think that you can run a company this way and expect customers to stick around. I like using LW and have been using it since '96 - but they NEED to go back to being customer-oriented and COMMUNICATE. One wrong move - like going rental-only - will seal their fate with me. And they had certainly better not drop development on CS and Nevron.

There's no doubt that they both have their place in the market, they harbour cool functionality, and a lot of potential... But it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Newtek decided to add the tools to LW 2016 or 2017.

I hope they get developed further, to have another debacle like the inspire3d, speededit, aura thing... There's only so much people can stay positive with.
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast