Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RH Animation Tutorials... Released

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar

RH Animation Tutorials... Released

Well finally...

A lot of folk have been asking for something like this for a while... and here it finally is... a complete and highly detailed guide to animation in LightWave...

Available here... http://rebelhill.net/html/rha.html As ever, the foundations chapter is FREE, and you can view it in the playlist on the website/youtube.

This collection includes a MASSIVE 28 hours of content covering all aspects of animation, the art, the tools and the techniques, illustrated by a range of different examples, and supported with a whole progression of exercises to help those newer to animation grow their skills and get busy creating their art.

Also... this series can be found within my new product bundle offers... http://rebelhill.net/html/bundles.html for those wanting complete training, or rigging and animation solutions for LightWave.

Don't forget... there is discount pricing available for existing owners of RHiggit Pro or the RH Rigging training series (be sure to check the price dropdowns), and if you're also looking to add any other such products, then don't miss the New Year Sale I'm running for the remainder of this month... http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....nd-New-Bundles

I hope you'll like this new tutorial series very much, and... as ever... learn and gain a great deal from it.

Cheers all.
    Last edited by RebelHill; 01-03-2015 at 11:37 AM.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

You sir are an amazing asset to the community.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo

Very cool! Still I have a few questions:
    - Which LW Version is required to follow along the tutorials?
    - Does the tutorial also go into rigging, or animation only?
    - I Need to learn character Animation for game characters...would this be a good tutorial or is it "too much"?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by freeflyklown View Post
    - Which LW Version is required to follow along the tutorials?
    - Does the tutorial also go into rigging, or animation only?
    - I Need to learn character Animation for game characters...would this be a good tutorial or is it "too much"?
    Any version really... almost everything detailed in them dates back as far as I can remember (V6). However... if you're going to be using the supplied rigs... V9.6 is a minimum, and a couple of small changes do exist with the exact operation of a couple described tools/button placements/etc, where things may appear a bit different if you're not on either V11x or 2015... But since the series is primarily built around teh "craft" of animation, no specific LW version is absolutely required. (I guess for the bulk of whats in there... LW isnt even a must have).

Animation only... issues about rigs are covered briefly (see the video in the foundations chapter)... as rigs ofc are a MAJOR animation tool. You can find my other series of tutorials on rigging too if you like, and/or my autorigger toolset (good for games). See the bundles section where you can find whole sets if you desire them.

I don't know... is it too much? Animation is animation at the end of the day... Though these videos go pretty deep (and in some cases long) on certain animation tasks, it's entirely up to you to decide how much time/effort/quality you want to inject into a given piece... the craft is the same no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by ernpchan View Post
    You sir are an amazing asset to the community.
    Most kind, most kind.
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Very cool, now i need to remember what version of RHRiggit i have, pretty sure it was Pro not Studio, as im not one.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2019.03

Very nice Laptop

wicked stuff ,shared.

thanks for the answer! One more question: The game characters I Need to make are bipeds and animals (quadruped)....so is the lite Version rhiggit sufficient? I plan to use either Unity, UE4 or Torque3Dm which means I will have to export the anim to fbx or collada.

Looks very cool. What about content? Are there scenes to DL with rigs etc? It was not clear on the site.

Wow. What a way to start 2015. Definitely getting this

Quote Originally Posted by freeflyklown View Post
    thanks for the answer! One more question: The game characters I Need to make are bipeds and animals (quadruped)....so is the lite Version rhiggit sufficient? I plan to use either Unity, UE4 or Torque3Dm which means I will have to export the anim to fbx or collada.
    Sure... Lite does both biped and quad... though only with fixed presets. There's no ability to go tinkering with number of spine bones or whatever else. You cant custom design the "parts" though can still ofc switch and choose their control methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealist. View Post
    What about content? Are there scenes to DL with rigs etc?
    Ofc... all the rigs and meshes used in the series are included, as are the final animated scenes from each of the projects.

Cheers.
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Rebelhill, does rhiggit work with LW 9.6? or is 11 or later required?

11.6+ is required for RHiggit, yes. No way around that one Im afraid.
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Wow, I'm still plodding through the RH Rigging tutorials and Rhiggit 2 tutorials! You are indeed an asset to the LW community Craig! And thank you for the discount for owners of Rhiggit Pro
    Last edited by chikega; 01-04-2015 at 09:13 AM.
    Gary Chike

OK great, and I now see you did mention the supplied rigs. Missed that.

Looks like a great series!

What a great New Year surprise! Started watching the Foundations videos this morning...will be purchasing soon. Thanks for the discount for owners of your Rigging tutorials - very generous. Happy New Year to you!
    Mac OSX 10.10.2, 2.8 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB RAM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast