Thread: Trying to expand a "Camera Input" image without using up a DSK

Trying to expand a "Camera Input" image without using up a DSK

I am using a TriCaster40 to composite the "3D Vision Pro" output of Lightwave Layout with renders and a live camera feed. I have a problem in that the "3D Vision Pro" does not go truly full screen when the full screen box is checked. It still shows black side margins as well as top and bottom margins so the prerender does not fill the monitor, though it fills more than when the full screen box is not checked. When using DSK1 or DSK2 I can magnify the image to fill the screen but the TriCaster does not seem to be able to do anything but simply crop a background image (using the gear icon adjustments for the camera input). Is there a way to magnify the camera input used for the background without using one of the DSK's? I need the two DSK's to create a middle layer and top layer with transparency so the a scaling of the background image needs to be done without using up a DSK. The image is created using one of the monitor outputs from a new NVidia card on another computer using a HDMI to component conversion box. I have tried to use NVidia's Control Panel to create some overscan and move these margins off the screen. But the control panel can only shrink the image to make the overscan visible, it can't expand the image to increase the overscan.
    Last edited by PabloMack; 12-27-2014 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PabloMack View Post
    Is there a way to magnify the camera input used for the background without using one of the DSK's?
    Use one of your Virtual Inputs. These provide position tools apart from the DSKs and Key layer.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

An added benefit of Steve's Virtual Input solution is that it provides another DSK layer, giving you 5 total layers (Foreground, Background, DSK in Virtual, plus DSK1 and DSK2). Check out the "LiveMatte and Virtual Input Setup" video here if not familiar with Virtual inputs (V1 thru V4) - http://tc40.newtek.com/index.php/tricaster40training

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
    Safe Harbor Computers