Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: LW Brush sneak peek

Quote Originally Posted by brent3d View Post
    My first test of the LW Brush mesh sculpting and editing tools by 3rd Powers. Just using a mouse, Fix Symmetry tool, Lightwave 2015, and a laptop.
    That's very cool! Thanks for sharing the video.

Quick question: which fix symmetry tool are you using?

G.

Brent - Wow!
    A pretty big change there.
    Thanks for the share!

Fantastic toolset
    worth every penny

very cool!! Thanks for the demo!!

Impressive demo there Brent. I'd say these tools have significantly enhanced organic modelling in LW. Modeler has always been strong in this dept but after using LW Brush this weekend I really wouldn't be without it. A key strength is the speed of the workflow, it's wonderfully intuitive and expressive.

A good example is tweaking eyelid morphs on a face - usually this is delicate work fiddling with vertices and / or selection sets but with with a few strokes of the Grab brush, which uncannily seems almost know what you're thinking, you're sorted. The speed of the process gives you much more space to experiment and add personality as it's not so mechanical.
    Last edited by bobakabob; 01-11-2015 at 04:15 AM.
    Art and photography Flickr site
    Animation, facial rigging, modelling ArtStation
    Assorted animations Robert Ireland

thanks for testing Eric & Brent...
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by brent3d View Post
    My first test of the LW Brush mesh sculpting and editing tools by 3rd Powers. Just using a mouse, Fix Symmetry tool, Lightwave 2015, and a laptop.
    Nice demo, thanks brend3d. (They should send you a t-shirt.)
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Glad the vid was helpful. Here is a brief walk-through of LW Brush mesh sculpting and the SymmXMirror (not Fix Symmetry) tool used in my LW Brush Mesh Sculpting Demo.

hm... push/pull normal direction... didn't know... Nice!

How do CC SdS hold up in animation ? And its also obvious that this kind of sculpting barely holds up at minimum levels of subdivision. Its good for basic rough blocking a la Maya artisan, or for quicker changes for morphs, but please dont confuse this with a real sculpting tool. I bet its gonna be 200$, and at that price 3D coat is a better investment.
    Bye,
    Emmanuel

----------------
    For Hire
    Portfolio
    Graveyard Dogs Indie game dev blog, visit and vote for the best RPG of all time !

Quote Originally Posted by Emmanuel View Post
    How do CC SdS hold up in animation ? And its also obvious that this kind of sculpting barely holds up at minimum levels of subdivision. Its good for basic rough blocking a la Maya artisan, or for quicker changes for morphs, but please dont confuse this with a real sculpting tool. I bet its gonna be 200$, and at that price 3D coat is a better investment.
    yeah..but donīt the lw brush work in layout? in scene context..as opposed to zbrush goz and 3d coat.
    Sort of why I wanīt a sculpting tool in layout...and why modoīs sculpt tool is interesting in a completly different way than 3d coat etc.

the only way to do it in Layout at the moment is to use this technique >

or, use the 32bit LayoutMeshEdit Tool
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSyCoEgB6oo

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    yeah..but donīt the lw brush work in layout? in scene context..as opposed to zbrush goz and 3d coat.
    Sort of why I wanīt a sculpting tool in layout...and why modoīs sculpt tool is interesting in a completly different way than 3d coat etc.
    LWBrush is for modeler only. The cage deformer plugin from 3rdPowers has animated sculpting capabilities in Layout. There is a brush set that goes with the cage deformer. Granted the level of detail you have is dependent on how dense your cage is. So the more verticies you have in your cage the slower the performance obviously.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmanuel View Post
    I would never animate with CCSubDs, too slow. They render fine. Not sure if LW3DG ever fixed the problems with the UVs though.

I would think of LWbrush as more of a quick manipulation brush on medium rez models. Obviously it's not intended for creating models for hirez displacment maps.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast