Thread: Unstable or shaky animation

Unstable or shaky animation

I completed a 20 second trial animation of climbing up stairs through the eyes of the camera. How can I make it smooth? Is there a different setting that should be used as found when clicking on Camera>properties>RenderGlobals?
    Thank you...perhaps I'm in the wrong place?

Here the reference:

http://youtu.be/hVHRrLiynIg

The motion already really linear and smooth. What exactly are you trying to achieve?
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo

I think he's talking about the flashing horizontal lines of the stairs, looks like aliasing try increasing your antialiasing settings.
    Daniel Kaiser

"A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable and never acceptable." Robert Fripp

AMD Phenom II x6 3.2
    Win 7 Pro x64
    8gig Ram
    Nvidia 640 GT 2Gb
    LW 11 x64

Thank you both for the comments. The first thing I did was to change the camera settings from Perspective to classic camera. Then the levels of antialiasing showed up! So I tried various levels. Classic medium probably is the lowest one that is acceptable? Unless there are other settings that one needs to know. Anything above that level seems to require tremendous time committment. Does the radiosity settings have an effect: Monte Carlo and Final Gather?...Thanks again!

You can dial up the anti-alias settings with the Perspective camera too. There are min and max values.

What's the render time per frame to get good results?
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo

Quote Originally Posted by zooberite View Post
    The first thing I did was to change the camera settings from Perspective to classic camera. Then the levels of antialiasing showed up!
    What version of LightWave are you using? AA is available in all cameras that I know of since... I can't remember when. The more recent cameras are far better at it than Classic.
    Blown Glass · Carbon Fiber + Imagination

Spherical Magic | We Build Cool Stuff!

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by zooberite View Post
    The first thing I did was to change the camera settings from Perspective to classic camera. Then the levels of antialiasing showed up!
    What version of LightWave are you using? AA is available in all cameras that I know of since... I can't remember when. The more recent cameras are far better at it than Classic. Classic labels the AA as "Antialiasing" where the new and better cameras have fields labelled: "Minimum Samples" and "Maximum Samples" along with the "Adaptive Sampling" checkbox which progressively refines the AA to a limit that you set with "Threshold". It's best to RTFM to get the initial picture on what those fields do.
    Blown Glass · Carbon Fiber + Imagination

Spherical Magic | We Build Cool Stuff!

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    Yeah... too low AA. And you're probably getting enourmous render times because you're using radiosity... a complete waste here, you can light that scene manually and get much faster.

See here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgNB9tZWUmM
    And here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YFZ2av-BLg
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all