Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LW2015 Match Perspective tutorial

LW2015 Match Perspective tutorial

Hey everybody this is my feeble attempt at doing a tut on the Match Perspective feature in LW2015. It's a really nice feature and I was able to meet a client's needs with very little fuss. Sorry about the crappy sound, I should probably get a real mic although I'm not a very good speaker anyway so maybe I should stick to silent tuts.

You don't have to place the corners of the direction lines on the corners of the object. It really only cares about the position and direction of the lines, not how long or short they are. So you can avoid those overlapping corners.

Also, the "Frame Size" lock refers to the "Frame" setting in the camera panel, not the resolution. If you are using a photo, chances are the EXIF data will have the focal length information in it, so you'd set the focal length in the camera panel to that and lock it. It will then tweak the combination of zoom factor and frame size to fit the perspective amount.

---JvdL---

Good to know. Thanks. The image provided to me had no meta data so I guess I could have left the lock drop down alone?

Tim - thanks for the tutorial. Your sounds was ok - you shouldn't worry so much about it.
    Somewhere between the Darkness and the Light

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Please don't do silent tutorials, they are maddening to follow. I'd rather view a tutorial in Portuguese or Mandarin than a silent tutorial.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Quote Originally Posted by Snosrap View Post
    Good to know. Thanks. The image provided to me had no meta data so I guess I could have left the lock drop down alone?
    You could. Locking the focal length or locking the fame size will give the same perspective amount. Where the choice becomes important is if you need to match depth of field. Then you need to know what the original focal length or frame size was.

---JvdL---

I'm really concerned for the lack of official LW videos for LW 2015. I would have expected at least some simple walkthroughs. Not getting good vibes with this cycle.

PS. But thank you Snosrap for stepping up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    You could. Locking the focal length or locking the fame size will give the same perspective amount. Where the choice becomes important is if you need to match depth of field. Then you need to know what the original focal length or frame size was.---JvdL---
    Thanks again for your enlightenment Jarno!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    Please don't do silent tutorials, they are maddening to follow. I'd rather view a tutorial in Portuguese or Mandarin than a silent tutorial.
    Yeah I know what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by realgray View Post
    I'm really concerned for the lack of official LW videos for LW 2015. I would have expected at least some simple walkthroughs. Not getting good vibes with this cycle.

PS. But thank you Snosrap for stepping up.
    No problem. I didn't get some of the details right so it's been great getting Jarno's input.

Tested it out.

Really easy to use and basically just work

Thanks Snosrap...

Axes grinder- Dongle #99

Please, just some Quick & Dirty intros

I'm wondering if the LW3dG think we need highly polished, extensive, comprehensive videos? BECAUSE WE DON'T!!!

Simple walk-thrus are GREAT, something to get us past our first misconceptions.

So, Matt, Cody, Jen, Rob: quick, rough blasts are preferable to floundering around in our swamps of ignorance.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Hey guys, I thought you might like to see the final product, so here is the link to the website. I had no involvement other than creating the shadow and it looks like for performance issues they cut back on the number of frames I provided.

http://www.sauderboutique.com/Home.aspx

Newbie Member
    Tim, thanks for the tutorial.

It's been over 6 months since this thread began and there still are very few newtek tutorials, even Lino's promised ant part 2 has never been added, sorry to *****, but it's very discouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by ecsegar View Post

It's been over 6 months since this thread began and there still are very few newtek tutorials, even Lino's promised ant part 2 has never been added, sorry to *****, but it's very discouraging.
    While I'm not the biggest fan of LW3DG's tutorial postings (or lack there-of, and don't get me started on the Octane stuff! ), both ant tutorials were posted AFAIK...

Part 1 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2QHnGvxZRg

Part 2 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igFgk3xslgo

Unless there was another one that I missed the first part of.
    Curtis Rhoads

Desktop: Win10 x64 | Ryzen 7 3.7GHz | 32GB RAM | GeForce GTX970/GeForce GTX1660
    Laptop: Win10 x64 | i7 2.3GHz | 8GB RAM | GeForce GT650M

Quote Originally Posted by ecsegar View Post

Not a problem. Hopefully LW2016 will have some more goodies like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast