View Poll Results: will you upgrade to 2015 ?

Voters
248. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, of course

102 41.13%
  • yes, the upgrade is worth it

35 14.11%
  • no, too few features

30 12.10%
  • no, way too few Modeler improvements

27 10.89%
  • no, still waiting for integration

18 7.26%
  • no, but maybe if we get a point upgrade

22 8.87%
  • skipping this one

14 5.65%
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: LightWave 2015 - upgrade ?

Quote Originally Posted by Snosrap View Post
    Think Chronosculpt with more modeling tools and at a later time rendering and animation.

Well it would have to be quite a few more modeling tools as Chronosculpt has 0 right now. Reshaping vertices in animation yes, but 0 actual mesh creation functions.

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    Well it would have to be quite a few more modeling tools as Chronosculpt has 0 right now. Reshaping vertices in animation yes, but 0 actual mesh creation functions.
    Chornosculpt shows up some time ago. If it was created in 5 months it's could be possible that in future we will see new Modeler (on new engine). This can be good direction
    From David Ikeda linkedin "...full development of ChronoSculpt...The software went from most basic prototype to shipped product in 5 months with ports to 3 separate platforms..."

Is it possible to re-cast my vote, now that this option has been added: "no, but maybe if we get a point upgrade "?

I have previously mentioned that the stock value of me buying in to the upgrade isnīt that much, at current state I said it was around 90% of not upgrading.

I have just tested some stuff with bullet motors((car content), and mixing with ragdoll content...and I really like this stuff, It looks quite realistic in the dynamics and behavior, and it is very easy to start going ..at least with the content provided..so
    that stuff means I am increasing the stock values of me upgrading...by decreasing my not upgrade percentage, to 80%...though I need further testing, and it needs to go down to at least 50%, and then it becomes a purely economical decision..and perhaps also a question on what I can see...or what the lw group can share of whats next on the roadmap.

Definitely upgrading as soon as the motion blur bug is fixed. Otherwise can't use LW2015

Re: LW3D communication, there should be a more distinct forum with graphics and thumbnails.

Also, a reprise of William's LW Evangelist role would create a buzz on the forums and be good for publicity, showing what you can do with the software, highlighting features with tutorials. Much more of a creative response as LW3DG have understandably said they can't give too much away about future developments.
    Last edited by bobakabob; 12-07-2014 at 05:01 AM.
    Art and photography Flickr site
    Animation, facial rigging, modelling ArtStation
    Assorted animations Robert Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    My vote is to drop chronosculpt and bring that tech inside of lightwave itself, sculpting yes, fixing of dynamics yes, and no going back and forth between apps...just my vote, but I guess my vote is not technically valid ..nor
    economical market valid as it stands now..and as it was planned for use with other software.

If technically possible, hell ...go for it.
    If the market model works right now with the sales of chronosculpt? I have no Idea, sure would be interesting to know though, just to speculate if it wouldnīt have been better to implement it inside of lightwave instead to
    give Lightwave itself an extra boost in market sales, that is if it would be technically possible?
    Just my thoughts on it... if it were technically possible, but I donīt know anything about it, so it is merely just speculative thoughts.

Michael

No because i fill lightwave team cheating when they sell lightwave 11.6 by 695$ and than they quickly launch v 2015 with lower price; now lightwave is like autodesk softwares with 1 year license
    every year new version
    and why lightwave team don't reduce upgrade price ?
    http://seghier.wix.com/designs
    HP 8770w / 3840QM / 32Go / K4000M /Windows 7 Pro 64bits

Quote Originally Posted by seghier View Post
    No because i fill lightwave team cheating when they sell lightwave 11.6 by 695$ and than they quickly launch v 2015 with lower price; now lightwave is like autodesk softwares with 1 year license
    every year new version
    ?? The upgrade price is lower at $495. It used to be $695. The price of LW11 was $1495 at one time I believe, now it is $995. Autodesk products are going up in price, not down.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Also, 'quickly'?
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

The modeling updates are a bit anticlimactic but incredibly practical. Overall this is an awesome upgrade for an awesome price. I'll update after the holidays. No time to play with new toys until the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by seghier View Post
    every year new version
    Lightwaves 2015 Lic expires in 1 year?

I don't see these being annual releases or something despite the new naming convention.

Not going to upgrade because the upgrade price for me is about 579 dollars and not the 395 $ I paid for the previous upgrade. Last time I paid directly in the US, now I 'm forced to use a german company instead of the US one??????
    www.bytehawk.net

1 : Imac 27’ I7 mid 2017 8Gb ram

AFAIK, LW3DG is still selling perpetual licenses, not annual subscriptions.

I agree with hrgiger--the new naming doesn't necessarily mean there will be a 'major upgrade' release every year. But we'll see.

G.

Is there a list of specific feature upgrades?

Is there a list of specific feature upgrades? (I looked on the site but don't see anything.) I have 11.6.3 and wonder about the benefit of upgrade hassle.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast