Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Riddle me this..

President, the LightWave Group robpowers3d's Avatar
    This is absolutely true hrgiger, thanks for stating your opinion on the matter. That is the challenge, no matter where we draw the line we will have someone who is not happy. Ultimately we have to do the best we can at coming out with updates to the software but logically it does stand to reason that the later that an upgrade is made after a new release the less time there is before the next release. That is a built in reality of progressive software updates and I don't think that LightWave is unique in that way.

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    Well, the Octane promotion was just that, a chance to get Octane in a bundle deal and that's what you were buying. LW3DG has been running specials on and off through the year so it probably has little to do with when the next version of LW was due out and I can't imagine that they are scamming to trick a handful of people to buy a bundle just so they can charge them again in a few months. Is there any reason to think that Octane won't continue to work within LW 11? I'm not saying your wrong in feeling duped, but I'm just trying to play devils advocate a bit as I do think you do have to consider, as you said, that you knew LW 11 had been around for a while and nobody ever seems to know when LW will release a new version so there's always a chance this will happen. I'd be pissed if I upgraded and then found out I missed a free upgrade by only a week or a month, but Newtek has to draw the line somewhere and some people are just going to fall outside of that.
    Rob Powers

President, NewTek LightWave 3D Group
    Burbank, CA

President, the LightWave Group robpowers3d's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    Agreed. Esp. given the "hints" (LW3DG reps posting pics showing 11.7 etc) dropped suggesting that 11.x wasn't at end-of-life, for LW3DG to deliberately exclude these bundle customers from the grace period feels like unfair treatment.
    jwiede,

You certainly have the right to speculate or make assumptions about this but the fact is that the LightWave 3D Group has never officially made any announcements or statements about any 11.x version of the software beyond the 11.6 range of updates. I've now cleared up any confusion related to bundle customers and any who did purchase within our 30 day grace period are covered. I wish we could extend that to everyone with no limitations but we have to cut it off somewhere and as hrgiger stated, there is always someone that falls outside of any cut off point.
    Rob Powers

President, NewTek LightWave 3D Group
    Burbank, CA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12