Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HardCore members on 11.6 - upgrade still at $395 ???

HardCore members on 11.6 - upgrade still at $395 ???

For HardCore Charter members....
    Last edited by GregMalick; 11-24-2014 at 03:40 PM.

Somewhere, over the rainbow....

Why would you think it isn't?
    Forum Tips
    If English is your first language, you should know it's 'losing' and not 'loosing'!

Quote Originally Posted by cagey5 View Post
    Why would you think it isn't?
    Have you received a confirmation?

I did email Support about it.
    I'm waiting for the official word.

Well I would certainly hope so. Seems everyone is now on the $495 upgrade price otherwise. Doesn't seem like such a good reward now to be a charter member.

yes.
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

OSX 10.12.x, macpro 5.1, nvidia gtx 980 ti, LW2015.x / 2018.x, octane 3.x

I was one of the early buyers of HardCORE and the price on the site was correct: $ 395.00.

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    Doesn't seem like such a good reward now to be a charter member.
    Imagine how much of a slap it feels for those of us promised 5x releases at "discount price" of $495. That aspect alone killed off the majority of what little respect I still had for LW3DG. The rest of it was killed off by a combination of them making Bullet constraints a "major feature" of LW12, and the general lack of features in what they're selling as a version-level upgrade.

Hopefully there are some damned impressive infrastructure improvements hiding in there, because I'm not very impressed so far by LW12 -- esp. given how long it's been since 11.6.2 came out (the end of LW11.x work).
    Last edited by jwiede; 11-24-2014 at 04:23 PM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

Have you checked your account ? Dont check upgrade in the store but in jour account directly.

OK. I clicked on the "Upgrade" button my accounts page and the Store shows $395.

I was confused for a bit.
    $395 upgrade is complete.
    Last edited by GregMalick; 11-24-2014 at 04:14 PM.

Back in disguise
    I was trying to understand this too.

In order to maintain my "deal" I'd need to upgrade to 11.x for $495, of which I haven't found a good reason to do so, then I'd have to upgrade to LW 2015 for another $495.

Or I could just bypass 11 and upgrade to 2015 for $495....

Hmmm, let me think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saville View Post
    I was trying to understand this too.

In order to maintain my "deal" I'd need to upgrade to 11.x for $495, of which I haven't found a good reason to do so, then I'd have to upgrade to LW 2015 for another $495.

Or I could just bypass 11 and upgrade to 2015 for $495....

Hmmm, let me think about it.
    For those that bit in on that e-mail from Rob that went out over the weekend really got screwed.

Back in disguise
    Quote Originally Posted by Snosrap View Post
    For those that bit in on that e-mail from Rob that went out over the weekend really got screwed.
    Absolutely! I would be furious if I had done the same.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarlowe View Post
    Have you checked your account ? Dont check upgrade in the store but in jour account directly.
    Yes, using the "Buy upgrade" button on my account page yields a price for upgrade of $495, in other words, no discount whatsoever despite being a post-Charter HC member.

I can't wait to hear how the usual zealots try to excuse away that HC offer letter (for those still on LW10.x) and what it represents in light of LW12 pricing.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    Imagine how much of a slap it feels for those of us promised 5x releases at "discount price" of $495. That aspect alone killed off the majority of what little respect I still had for LW3DG.
    The whole HC thing still pisses me off. I never even managed to get my copy of HC, just months of an account that didn't work, then find out about it being killed and all I get is an offer for discounts if I keep upgrading. The offer being worthless just pisses me off again. I like the software a lot, but the company makes it hard to like them.

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    Imagine how much of a slap it feels for those of us promised 5x releases at "discount price" of $495. That aspect alone killed off the majority of what little respect I still had for LW3DG. The rest of it was killed off by a combination of them making Bullet constraints a "major feature" of LW12, and the general lack of features in what they're selling as a version-level upgrade.
    This is how I felt about the upgrade to LW10 and the ENTIRE (albeit only .1) development cycle. Which is why I am no longer a "HardCORE member."

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast