Page 30 of 65 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightwave 2015 revealed!

Thank you Rob and the LW3DG Team for what seems like a nice release!

Is there any info on exactly how different Genoma 2 is vs the first iteration? Can't find any specifics...

Genoma 2 is more of a Rigging Development Kit than just a set of pre-made parts to put together. It coexists with Genoma 1 so that users at different levels can use what suits them best, but best if Lino gives you a fuller explanation.

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Where are these files, I have the Mac trial version but nothing I can find in the sub folders resembles the content files. Anyone?

EDIT: Oops quote didnt carry over.......IM LOOKING FOR THE CONTENT FILES! I wanna play with em see.

Cheers
    Last edited by Otterman; 11-26-2014 at 03:31 AM.

As well as the upcoming revamped modeler (as hinted by Rob), can we expect a future release of Lightwave to have a more streamlined interface? All the windows and dialogue boxes I have to go through drives me nuts. Dual monitor does help with scene editor and graph editor somewhat, but a serious modernisation of the UI is needed. It's all looking positive so far for Lightwave.

Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    A guess.
    At least it wasn't a wrong assumption about the architecture. Or an annoying type formatting.

We can only guess because LWG are not being open about this 2015 thing. We know there was a 11.7. Now a 2015 comes out, but they aren't saying there will be a 2016... So all we can do is speculate...
    Last edited by probiner; 11-26-2014 at 04:16 AM.

Looking forward to those Genoma tute updates, Lino - definitely need someone to throw me a bone (haha!) on some of those new property boxes

Just updated, looking forward to playing with it.

(picking up breadcrumbs) Lino, what do You mean *every year* ? Isnt LW gonna be updated more often than once a year ?
    Bye,
    Emmanuel

----------------
    For Hire
    Portfolio
    Graveyard Dogs Indie game dev blog, visit and vote for the best RPG of all time !

Well I welcome the new release and well done LW3DG.

But like a few people on here I am disappointed that nothing of any real significance has been done with modeller

There may well be important "under the hood changes", but without seeing this in real world tools it seems a disappointment.

It might also be worth noting that I loaded a LW11.6.2 scene file into LW2015 and re-saved it, loaded it back into LW11 and the instances had changed position.

Now I realise this is asking for trouble, but I thought it was worth a warning while people are playing with the demo version, not to save anything out of LW2015
    that they are likely to need to use in LW11.

Lets keep hoping for some modeller love very soon
    Andy Webb

Intel core i7-3820 3.60GHz
    ASUS PRIME Z370-A motherboard
    GeForce GTX 660
    32 Gb RAM
    Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon2.0 View Post
    If I were betting, I'd bet against this. Simply going by the title of the software - LW 2015 - seems to indicate a release EVERY year or so. You can't have development like that in LW11.x with only about 12 months of development. IMO of course.
    There are a lot of software out there that have the year naming convention that don't put out an upgrade every year simply because it is almost impossible to put out a worthwhile upgrade every year. Only companies that are out for a money grab and don't care about the quality of the upgrade put out an upgrade every year regardless of whether there are reasonable improvements and bug kills to the software or not. I personally don't care about the naming convention and I wouldn't put too much thought into whats behind it. In a way it would have been nice to have started out with that naming convention from the beginning. I started using lightwave in 1994 and right know if someone told me that they were going to give me a million dollar to tell them what version of lightwave i first used, i would not be able to tell them. With this naming convention it would be simple, "Lightwave 1994".

2015 haven't even begun yet, and we have NO idea what's coming the next 13 months. For all we know, the release of LW3D 2015 was done now to make it clear that they ARE working on something, so the crowd that's been shouting, kicking and screaming and begging for information from the silent crowd at LW3DG would calm down and enjoy the ride.

The fact is that it's been released. Whether you like the tools and updates that came with it now, doesn't render the entire cycle of 2015 bad. Let's see what's coming around the corner. I'm pretty sure they won't turn the back to us now until LW3D 2016 arrives.
    3D Generalist
    Threadripper 2920x, 128GB, RTX 2080 Ti, Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by probiner View Post
    At least it wasn't a wrong assumption about the architecture. Or an annoying type formatting.

We can only guess because LWG are not being open about this 2015 thing. We know there was a 11.7. Now a 2015 comes out, but they aren't saying there will be a 2016... So all we can do is speculate...
    Or we can get to work with the tools we have now and see if they work for us and if they don't find a software package that will get us to where we want to go. For sure speculation and guessing is not going to get our work done.

In Layout 2015 Demo i not see icon for saving image from VPR.

I send also mail on bug adress with drop box link. New bug adress sending back a confirmation?
    Last edited by MarcusM; 11-26-2014 at 04:44 AM.

Boom!

Can anyone checkout this scene from the content for me please?

Quote Originally Posted by OlaHaldor View Post
    2015 haven't even begun yet, and we have NO idea what's coming the next 13 months. For all we know, the release of LW3D 2015 was done now to make it clear that they ARE working on something, so the crowd that's been shouting, kicking and screaming and begging for information from the silent crowd at LW3DG would calm down and enjoy the ride.

The fact is that it's been released. Whether you like the tools and updates that came with it now, doesn't render the entire cycle of 2015 bad. Let's see what's coming around the corner. I'm pretty sure they won't turn the back to us now until LW3D 2016 arrives.
    Bravo!!!!
    Ground control to Major Tom

Page 30 of 65 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast