Page 16 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightwave 2015 revealed!

This is good news from Newtek! I haven't tried it yet. Anyone know if LW 2015 works with Maxwell?

Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    Fair enough-- my reading of your post may be harsher than your intention, esp. since you're upgrading 4 seats: you can't be TOO disappointed.
    It's been 3 years since they've gotten any money from us. So yes we will support their effort. Besides there were a ton of little things in LW11 that really made life easier that didn't make the headlines, so if the same applies for 2015 we'll be happy.

Top Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleycorgi View Post
    I loaded a subd'ed object from 11.6.3 and it shows some holes in 2015 that aren't in 11.6 modeler. I haven't rendered in either Layout though.
    I stand corrected — things look fine in 2015 (loaded two different versions).

Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    QT= non-issue IMO, since rendering to a compiled format is just asking for trouble.
    I wouldn't render to it....but the container (MOV) is easily capable of High bit depth (10,12,16 bit color) video...and can be great as backplates/textures ect ect.
    More of a convenience....but if someone gives you Red or Alexa footage, your only previous option to retain bit depth was an exr/tiff sequence.

A 1080 exr frame...just RGB can be 12MB a frame
    Cineform 14 bit MOV 40MB/sec...

Quote Originally Posted by spherical View Post
    Those two points contradict each other. Which do you want? For me, I'm happy that it took 3 years, as after the HardCORE membership purchase I was expecting the major versions to come along quickly and gobble up the 5 upgrades in short order.
    No it doesn't. If you take all they have accomplished with the LW11 cycle and then divide that by three then you'll get an idea of how many improvements (based on their history) you'll get with a yearly paid upgrade release schedule. Think about it - would it be worth $400 to have upgraded from 11 to 11.5 and another $400 to upgrade from 11.5 to 11.6? I've always thought the value of LW was extremely high with how they have done their upgrades. Going to a 2015 moniker is new territory in what it could mean to the value. If they can put out great great upgrades in a yearly cycle I've got no issues with giving them money. Great yearly upgrades can most likely only happen on a modern foundation however, so I guess we'll see in the coming months/years if that foundation has been laid.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Looking at the laundry list...

*Falloff Improvements in Modeler

Is this exclusively the "Textured Falloffs" feature?? --only the way it's listed makes me ask.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Has someone already posted a Genoma2 video?
    I´d like to see what it can do with facial rigs.

Nice dynamic re-parent tool.

Can´t wait to buy the upgrade tonight - it´s gonna be a long day!

Do objects attafched to flocking agents now work with motionblur ?
    Bye,
    Emmanuel

----------------
    For Hire
    Portfolio
    Graveyard Dogs Indie game dev blog, visit and vote for the best RPG of all time !

Quote Originally Posted by Snosrap View Post
    No it doesn't.
    We'll just have to agree to disagree on the contradiction.
    Blown Glass · Carbon Fiber + Imagination

Spherical Magic | We Build Cool Stuff!

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain

Some nice new useful features and workflow enhancements and good to see Bullet finally complete. I was surprised a new LW version was released this soon, but I suspect the things I'm looking for like a total overhaul to Modeler as hinted by Rob, animated modelling tools (is this on the cards?) , decent undo system etc is a major undertaking and not financially viable to delay the product further. All businesses need cash flow. Anyway, some good stuff on this release and look forward to seeing what future releases bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    To some this might not be a big deal, but ....

Per-Surface Clipmaps:

Attachment 125671
    Very much a big deal and a huge timesaver. Gone are the days of having to 'load from scene' for clipmapped objects, and indeed setting up the scene in the first place! Also good news is the image viewer list options, for me it's the workflow speedups more than anything that will be my reason for updating. Good work LW3DG

I was quite sure to get some good news about hypervoxels, particles and multithreaded bullet on this new release cycle but nope ( for multithreaded bullet, not confirmed as far as i've read the forum. Anyway it seems to be interesting good stuff... but i think i'll wait to upgrade
    And what about the 3rd party plugin compatibility ? Are the actual versions working with LW2015 ?
    ( Octane render - Syflex - turbulentFD are the one i use )
    Thanks
    Le Jardin Digital - Créations 3D / Design /Films - www.lejardindigital.fr

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Jordan View Post
    That's a feature I have been requesting for a while and Lightwave has needed it for a long time! It will save lots of time and make applying multiple clip maps on trees and shrubs much easier without having to break up the geometry by surface into separate object layers just to apply different clip maps to them. Thanks!
    Kindof a moot point if you've upgraded (or planning to shortly) but in LW 11.6.3 you can have multiple clipmaps for your trees in a single layered object, without having to break apart your object into multiple layers (this sux if you want to clone or instance a multi layered object). Do this by stacking your clipmaps assigned to separate UV maps, save as a scene file and 'load object from scene' to load it. Can provide a samples scene if you like.

Both Octane and TFD works. I'd guess Syflex works as well.
    3D Generalist
    Threadripper 2920x, 128GB, RTX 2080 Ti, Windows 10

First, Kudos to LW3DG.

Sasquatch still works with LW_2015. LWCAD works with LW2015. I need to get some of my other plugins installed and tested.

I'm noticing a fairly impressive speed up in rendering in general. Loving the mouse wheel zoom (Finally!). Loving Chamfer not crashing during interactive use.

And finally - is there a change log?
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

Page 16 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast