Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightwave 2015 revealed!

President, the LightWave Group robpowers3d's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    ....silence....
    Please direct me to any post where that price was stated I would like to know about that. As I understand it the HardCORE pricing has always been $395 for Charter and $495 for post-charter members. If there is something in error about that we will look into it right away. You should have received a courtesy email reminder. I will recap some of the info here.

If you are a HardCORE member that has not yet upgraded to the 11.x cycle now is the time to upgrade or you risk loosing your HardCORE status and special pricing guarantee. Even though the upgrade cycle to LightWave 11.x has been available for a while now, we do not want any of you to be caught off guard by a new release. Therefore, as a courtesy, we are offering all HardCORE members a 30-day grace period to upgrade to 11.x instead of being automatically dropped from the program (as stated in the guidelines).

If you have already upgraded your membership to the 11.x cycle then you are in no risk of loosing your HardCORE status at this time. It is only an issue for current 11.x HardCORE owners when we release the next paid upgrade following LightWave 2015. However, those in HardCORE who have yet to upgrade to the 11.x product must do do withing the next 30 days or risk loosing their special pricing benefits because the guidelines for HardCORE state that you must upgrade to each paid version of LightWave to maintain your membership.

If you wish to upgrade to the new version of LightWave that follows LightWave 11.x, you will be able to do so with your HardCORE pricing but you will need to pay for that upgrade as well. Because HardCORE members must purchase each paid upgrade to maintain their membership additional discounts, offers, or pricing guarantees cannot be combined to either skip an upgrade or further discount the special pricing.

If you drop out of the HardCORE program now, you will forfeit your special pricing guarantee for future upgrades. Even if a special promotion or limited-time pricing offer matches your upgrade price now, there is no guarantee that the price of upgrades will not go up. You are only locked in at your Charter price of $395 or post-charter price of $495 while you maintain your HardCORE status.

We hope that you recognize the special value and benefits that the HardCORE program offers and look forward to having you as a member for several upgrades to come.

To upgrade, please visit your account on LightWave3d.com.
    Rob Powers

President, NewTek LightWave 3D Group
    Burbank, CA

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    What about us post-Charter members (promised 5x @ "discount price" of $495) whom now receive no discount at all?

I am particularly disappointed that LW3DG couldn't even see fit to say something to Charter & post-Charter members about the situation prior or concurrent with the public announce, that's especially disrespectful. Acknowledging the situation, perhaps with some kind of token gesture, would have at least mitigated the sting somewhat.
    John,
    Your HardCORE pricing is a guaranteed pricing and as long as you maintain your HardCORE status you will be certain of never paying more for an upgrade. From my other post:

"Even if a special promotion or limited-time pricing offer matches your upgrade price now, there is no guarantee that the price of upgrades will not go up. You are only locked in at your Charter price of $395 or post-charter price of $495 while you maintain your HardCORE status."
    Rob Powers

Burbank, CA

Quote Originally Posted by lardbros View Post
    Motors are included in the latest Bullet offering... which include linear motors and rotational ones too. So, I'm guessing that the wheels are using those, but not 100% sure.

EDIT:
    --------
    That planet rover setup is included in the demo scenes when you buy, and yes the wheels are motors using bullet to drive them. Very cool!
    Awesome, awesome, awesome! Just purchased.
    3D Generalist
    Threadripper 2920x, 128GB, RTX 2080 Ti, Windows 10

"OH NO!", Joseph Joestar ncr100's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    <3 Awesome documentation and very nice Pattern list-filtering GUI enhancement! (more... http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....-quot-possible)
    -Nick
    audio: Ö ¤ wk Py

Where's the key to register the 30 day trial?

All I'm seeing on the splash screen is the product lock number!

Cheers
    Andy Webb

Intel core i7-3820 3.60GHz
    Asus P9X79 Deluxe motherboard
    GeForce GTX 660
    32 Gb RAM
    Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by OlaHaldor View Post
    Awesome, awesome, awesome! Just purchased.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOG2...ature=youtu.be

Thought I'd grab this demo scene and do a screengrab of it for you. It's a remote controlled car, all driven using bullet... very cooooool!

Oh... you've bought already Didn't take much persuasion
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Quote Originally Posted by ncr100 View Post
    <3 Awesome documentation and very nice Pattern list-filtering GUI enhancement! (more... http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....-quot-possible)
    Where did you find the docs? They aren't in my account and I didn't see them in the content or with the program download. Did I miss something obvious?
    -Joshua Jorgensen

Not doing nothing.... Tranimatronic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robpowers3d View Post
    those in HardCORE who have yet to upgrade to the 11.x product must do do withing the next 30 days or risk loosing their special pricing benefits.
    But there is nothing 'special' about them if I am paying the same price as everyone else. I am not really very excited about having a special membership to a program that entitles me to pay the same as everyone else
    Last edited by Tranimatronic; 11-24-2014 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meatycheesyboy View Post
    At first glance, the only difference I can see in how they look is the dark box around the sliders when active. Functionality-wise they seem exactly the same. Keep in mind, I have tested them for approximately 30 seconds so they may have changed in other ways as well.

Attachment 125664
    Thanks. They don't really look any different at all. So what does "Improved Slider Drawing" mean?
    KnightTrek Productions
    http://www.knighttrek.com

That's all well and good Rob, but makes no sense unless your plans are to raise future upgrade costs substantially. In your scenario someone wanting to stay in the Hardcore program and who wants to get LW2015 now would have to shell out either $790 or $990 respectively. I suppose if someone wants to upgrade to 11 and then to 2015 in the future that would work - but why do that? And don't you really want everyone on the latest version?

OK sorted, had my old dongle plugged in...
    Andy Webb

Intel core i7-3820 3.60GHz
    Asus P9X79 Deluxe motherboard
    GeForce GTX 660
    32 Gb RAM
    Windows 10

When I go into my Products page in my account, the only upgrade I see is to upgrade to Lightwave 11. How do I do an upgrade to 2015 without buying 11? I understand this will cause me to lose my HardCORE status but I can't afford two upgrades (going to take a miracle to swing the funds to do one upgrade up to Lightwave 2015).
    KnightTrek Productions
    http://www.knighttrek.com

Quote Originally Posted by lardbros View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOG2...ature=youtu.be

Thought I'd grab this demo scene and do a screengrab of it for you. It's a remote controlled car, all driven using bullet... very cooooool!

Oh... you've bought already Didn't take much persuasion
    I trust you guys. I'm fairly rookie, if I can take a grade at all, at rigging and such things. I've focused much more on rendering, and lately modeling.
    Just don't let my fiance know. I can't sleep anyway, so I'll get to play around a little.
    3D Generalist
    Threadripper 2920x, 128GB, RTX 2080 Ti, Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Snosrap View Post
    I think the reality is that this is the 11.7 upgrade - but a paid one.
    Snosrap,

Your assumption is not correct and we've never publicly announced any product called 11.7 so I'm not sure what you are basing your statement on. There are very specific and valuable new features and enhancements in the LightWave 2015 release which have existed in no other product version other than LightWave 2015.

While it is true that we did indeed provide amazing value to our customers throughout the 11.x cycle we are ultimately running a business and it is unrealistic to expect to get free product releases indefinitely. The fact is that we have invested significant development resources into this version of the software and I value the hard work that our LightWave development team put in. I think many of our customers will as well.

LightWave 2015 is indeed a product developed beyond the 11.x development cycle and is not part of that cycle. I hope you will give it a full look before making a statement like this because I think you will find that LightWave 2015 includes significant additions including some really great workflow enhancements that will likely make you very happy.
    Rob Powers

Burbank, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Congrats on release guys and girls .
    Thanks Lewis!
    Rob Powers

Burbank, CA

Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast