Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightwave 2015 revealed!

[edit]
    Bad post.
    Last edited by ernpchan; 11-24-2014 at 05:18 PM.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo

Wow! Wonderful update. The FBX exporter update is great! Just tried it with Unity and no more multiple materials to deal with. The bullet additions, the camera matching, the importance sampling, Genoma 2 and all the cool little workflow stuff and features. It's going to be hard to go to my family's Thanksgiving dinner, I just want to play with LW2015. Great Job LW3DG and Happy Thanksgiving! WOOT! YAY YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I know this is a newbie question but are you saying that Lightwave 2015 renders faster overall? Or just with certain camera settings?
    It seems to be way faster with PRMBlur on deforming geometry.
    Senior Technical Supervisor
    Cinematics Department
    Massive - A Ubisoft Studio
    -----
    Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4GHz
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

The Clip Maps saved with surfaces and new Bullet constraints are my favorite things so far. Well done LW3DG.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo

Not doing nothing.... Tranimatronic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    What about us post-Charter members (promised 5x @ "discount price" of $495) whom now receive no discount at all?

I am particularly disappointed that LW3DG couldn't even see fit to say something to Charter & post-Charter members about the situation prior or concurrent with the public announce, that's especially disrespectful. Acknowledging the situation, perhaps with some kind of token gesture, would have at least mitigated the sting somewhat.
    Oh - I'm in this post-Charter group also. THAT would be why.

President, the LightWave Group robpowers3d's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waves of light View Post
    Just a very quick question regarding upgrade price that I touched on on fb... has the hardcore pricing been reduced as well, seen as the upgrade price for LW2015 has dropped to the post charter hardcore price of $495? Just clarification needed, not peed off if not. Cheers.
    The only prices that we have reduced are those of the full license and of the upgrade. The product price can change but your special HardCORE pricing program guarantees that you will never pay more than the price you locked in at for a total of five upgrades.
    Rob Powers

President, NewTek LightWave 3D Group
    Burbank, CA

Can we upgrade from Europe directly to the NewTek store bypassing the German one?
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

Congratulation, LW3DG! Very well done!
    Ground control to Major Tom

Can anyone comment on this? Looking at the video, there was some kind of space rover vehicle using a lot of bullet dynamics. Do I understand this correctly that it's possible to rol/turn wheels using bullet?

A video demo of it would generate a new sale.
    I'm also very interested in genoma and whether it's the right thing in terms of rigging mechanical stuff such as wheels, rods and piston stuff on a steam lovomotive. A good answer to that as well will generate an instant sale.
    3D Generalist
    Threadripper 2920x, 128GB, RTX 2080 Ti, Windows 10

Genoma works fine for mechanicals, I've used it for that...cant wait to play with genoma-2
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube
    Lightwave3D 2019, RF10, Gaea and more..
    Threadripper 16 core , 48gb, GTX-1070
    Asus 752vt i7 2.6 x 4, 48gb, GTX-970

Quote Originally Posted by OlaHaldor View Post
    Can anyone comment on this? Looking at the video, there was some kind of space rover vehicle using a lot of bullet dynamics. Do I understand this correctly that it's possible to rol/turn wheels using bullet?

A video demo of it would generate a new sale.
    I'm also very interested in genoma and whether it's the right thing in terms of rigging mechanical stuff such as wheels, rods and piston stuff on a steam lovomotive. A good answer to that as well will generate an instant sale.
    Motors are included in the latest Bullet offering... which include linear motors and rotational ones too. So, I'm guessing that the wheels are using those, but not 100% sure.

EDIT:
    --------
    That planet rover setup is included in the demo scenes when you buy, and yes the wheels are motors using bullet to drive them. Very cool!
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Quote Originally Posted by robpowers3d View Post
    That means a lot to us. Thanks for your support and belief in our direction and efforts. This development team is tackling the hard work head-on and as the fruits of that labor continue to emerge we think you will continue to be pleasantly surprised as we move forward. I personally don't put much stock in instant over-night imaginary products that appear from nowhere or that type of smoke and mirrors. Worthwhile advancement requires solid hard work tied to a logical internal design roadmap. We are working tirelessly to make LightWave perform for you in the coming months and years as we evolve it with the latest technology while at the same time maintaining the special characteristics of LightWave that make it special to all of us.
    Just awesome Rob!

Congratulations Rob and team! Now on to a well deserved relaxing holiday season for all of you!

Vacant, pretty vacant pinkmouse's Avatar
    Nice one folks.

Won't be upgrading this month though, the car just dropped a valve yesterday, complete engine rebuild required... :-(
    Al
    "I conceive of nothing, in religion, science or philosophy, that is more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." Charles Fort

My Website
    My Lightwave Tutorials

Not doing nothing.... Tranimatronic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robpowers3d View Post
    The only prices that we have reduced are those of the full license and of the upgrade. The product price can change but your special HardCORE pricing program guarantees that you will never pay more than the price you locked in at for a total of five upgrades.
    So the special price I'm locked into is the same price everyone else is paying?
    Wow I feel so 'special' right now.

Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast