Page 34 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightwave 2015 revealed!

Quote Originally Posted by robertoortiz View Post
    I am amazed how some people cannot see all the hard work that went into this update. It almost reads like someone complaining about their ex wife 6 years after the divorce.
    That's cuz deep down they still miss and love her, haha.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    any guarantee that we would see a few more Modeler updates in 2015 ?
    "Guarantee"? Funny. What is it about: "We are not going to talk about future developments before they are released." that people don't get?
    Blown Glass · Carbon Fiber + Imagination

Spherical Magic | We Build Cool Stuff!

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ernesttx View Post
    Where do we send feature requests to? and see what is already there, so we don't duplicate requests. Thanks.
    There is a Feature Requests forum and there is FogBugz. Duplication isn't a bad thing. It is one more vote for what people want.

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by madno View Post
    I didn't want to do it. Really, this time I didn't want to do it. Believe me! I wanted to wait and see. How does it work? Do the pros complain about bugs? Do they like the new stuff? You know, I didn't needed to do it. No one is pressing me with deadlines or wants fancy bullet animations from me. I have a job, that has nothing do to with Lightwave. What I have works for me (ok Modeler somehow and this mainly because of LWCad).

That said, I should not have loaded a hdr and switch on importance sampling. Damn! This Paypal button took away my self-control so easily again. What a weak personality I have. Bad for me (money is gone), good for LW3DG (money arrived).

:-)
    Made my day!

Quote Originally Posted by ernpchan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by spherical View Post
    "Guarantee"? Funny. What is it about: "We are not going to talk about future developments before they are released." that people don't get?
    Future developments are one thing, saying that you are WORKING on improving Modeler is not REALLY discussing the development aspect. Imagine if you asked them "Are you guys working on improving LW?" and they came back and said "I'm sorry, we can't talk about future developments." Huh?

:| The POINT is, they may or may not be able to get advancements in within any sort of time that you would be happy. Matt already said that the are working on the infrastructure. Of COURSE they're working on it. Slogging through the quagmire of legacy code to make changes cannot be easy. Therefore, no word on that front until it's time. Otherwise, there'll be more of what I have now grown tired of reading.

Quote Originally Posted by robertoortiz View Post
    I am amazed how some people cannot see all the hard work that went into this update. It almost reads like someone complaining about their ex wife 6 years after the divorce.
    Yeah, I hear ya. Sometimes I wonder about how the team feels when they've busted their collective asses to get a new version out and the forums respond with griping. I guess my skin isn't thick enough for that job.
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Quote Originally Posted by Spinland View Post
    Yeah, I hear ya. Sometimes I wonder about how the team feels when they've busted their collective asses to get a new version out and the forums respond with griping. I guess my skin isn't thick enough for that job.
    Try CA with a nasty Supervisor ! That's a barrel of laughs !
    "I don't have it... you want half my omelette?"

Quote Originally Posted by ernpchan View Post
    That's spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Spinland View Post
    Hopefully they are professional about it and analyze critics in a proper way, and if the critics has any weight, then they accept...work harder, and provide even better products in the future.
    Criticism should be polite though..if they should pay any attention to it ..I think, but if you as a customer donīt think it is a good update or if you feel something needs improvement or been lacking too long time, it is our obligation to say so...otherwise we are only looking at the emperorīs new clothes for every update we recieve.

I am quite certain the team has worked very hard, that doesnīt mean we should be quite about what we are not satisfied with.... and I think a lot of what they have done might not be effectivly seen until those changes were made to lay the foundation for the future lightwave, I still think it has taken too long time waiting for it..and this release to thin feature wise, all I can say that I hope they listen carefully to what people have requested for, and if they can try and do their best to implement it if they can with respect to their own agenda and what is possible today, and also improve on giving some more "hints" on what is around the corner as a road map, just as Lino did when mentioning micropoly displacements, thatīs good...and I want that, I still need to hear a voice about hypervoxels and particles..and possible scultping tools and weightmaps in layout, since modo got that stuff, and I have no clue to if ever or when it is in the plans for lightwave, I might as well check up if it is worth getting modo.

Bullet bone dynamics and motors is what is of interest to me with this release, but itīs not enough..if they managed to put a couple of more stuff like weight map control in layout, or a sculpting tool...or fixing hypervoxels with blending mode (tension in volume mode) + distance between particle gradients, and hypervoxels volumetric item like modo...anyone of those additional features I think would probably have sold it to me...but not this state.

Michael

By the way, the tweak tool had some changes, I had a request of it being able to ctrl click or shift click and use it to select multi segments, currently we can only select one edge, one poly or point to move or extend.
    I donīt think they managed to implement that in the tweak tool in 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Jordan View Post
    While I was playing around with the trial version I noticed a nice little change to something that has annoyed me for years. You can now collapse the dope sheet in the scene editor and it remembers and keeps the dope sheet closed the next time you open it. I always close the side with the dope sheet when I'm not using it in order to save space. A nice little tweak to the UI!
    Looks like the same old scene editor on my 2015 trial with no collapse tab.. maybe you have LW2016 instead

Very pleased that in 2015 I can now set my Scene Editor list order to Sequence and it stays that way on relaunch, same as column widths and window size. There's a new option under workspaces -> save as default. Thanks LW Support for implementing this as I've been wanting this for a long time.. saves many unnecessary clicks. Now if only the Scene Editor window was persistent and always popped open automatically on re-launch, like the image and surface editor.

How about Render Globals? Knows where to go but has to be prodded. I've been requesting this fix for a while.

My Scene Editor is open when I re-launch, but I use the Scene Editor, not Scene/Dope Editor, for most of my work. Curious that the new one doesn't do the same as the old one does.

Page 34 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast