Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightwave 2015 revealed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Q View Post
    I've found this update to contain many, "little big things." It's good stuff. It's also been hard keeping quiet all this time about it.
    Keeping quiet?
    Senior Technical Supervisor
    Cinematics Department
    Massive - A Ubisoft Studio
    -----
    Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4GHz
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

Q...before i dive in....will installing a trial key interfere with my 11.6 license?
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube
    Lightwave3D 2019, RF10, Gaea and more..
    Threadripper 32 core , 48gb, GTX-1070
    Asus 752vt i7 2.6 x 4, 48gb, GTX-970

Nothing wrong happened here, lwanmtr.
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by allabulle View Post
    Nothing wrong happened here, lwanmtr.
    And, fwiw, traditionally having multiple LW installations hasn't been a problem.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Probably no love to anything Subsurface Scattering-related? Or easier passes?

Congrats on release guys and girls .
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/4xRTX 2080Ti
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Thanks. Yeah've had multiple LW's...but always fully licensed...first time Im doing the trial thing (until yall pay me that $495 ya owe me) hehe.
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube
    Lightwave3D 2019, RF10, Gaea and more..
    Threadripper 32 core , 48gb, GTX-1070
    Asus 752vt i7 2.6 x 4, 48gb, GTX-970

Quote Originally Posted by Cageman View Post
    Keeping quiet?
    Yes. They've been silent all this time.
    Blown Glass ˇ Carbon Fiber + Imagination

Spherical Magic | We Build Cool Stuff!

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by robpowers3d View Post
    As many of you know I am not a big fan of empty talk about "pie in the sky" fantasy products.
    And completely understandable considering the chaos of CORE.

That is why you don't often see me comment on future releases in a specific way.
    There is always a "specific way" that comments on future releases can be handled. No one expects complete details about everything, but as I already said there are a number of things in this release that could have been divulged along the way that would have provided you "talking points" and shown the userbase that you are indeed interacting AND informing them/us. If you did that on a weekly or monthly basis where we can expect to see an update there would be FAR less restlessness and speculation AND anger. I really cannot stress enough how important constant and scheduled communication is. If you noticed the poll, the VAST majority want more communication - not silence. Ignoring customers is not a method that instills customer confidence. Nor are we asking for detailed info that will or will not make it into the final release - and ANY information can be prefaced with "this may or may not be in the final release."

However, we have invested a lot of time and resources on solutions for removing long-standing architectural barriers that previously had not been dealt with. I am confident that this is the LightWave team that will deal with these past road blocks and unlock some very powerful new capabilities over the next few years.
    I am confident as well. I think the development team can do anything they set their minds to, given enough time.

Certainly some will jump on what I say here and expect the next release to be what they have imagined as a perfect version of LightWave but again that is not what we are doing here. We are focusing on bringing innovation in a real product that emerges as we progress through our planned development phases. It is not instant gratification but the results will be solid and very real. The team and I are genuinely excited by what we are doing and are very optimistic about what it will ultimately unlock for our worldwide LightWave users.
    Perhaps some will expect the next release to be the "perfect version of LW" they want, but most here have realistic expectations and understand that unification/integration will take longer than LW13/2016. I want you guys to succeed, because then we will succeed as well.
    Last edited by Megalodon2.0; 11-24-2014 at 05:01 PM.

"OH NO!", Joseph Joestar ncr100's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The results are same, but with greater speed. In what way is that a bad thing?
    The results are good.

40% speed improvement, FTW!
    Last edited by ncr100; 11-24-2014 at 05:03 PM.
    -Nick
    audio: Ö ¤ Py

Congrats on the release
    Bullet additions and clip file per surface is the most i liked. I needed clip file per surface just 2 weeks ago.
    If they can make a release per year everybody will get what he wants hopefully.

Ok... here is the test!

Three images...

1) LW11.6.2, AA8, As128, 1 Pass PRMBLUR+DOF = 20m 24s
    2) LW2015, AA8, AS128. 1 Pass PRMBLUR+DOF = 12m 50s
    3) LW2015, AA8, AS128. NO PRMBLUR, NO DOF = 11m 50s

In this particular case, PRMBLUR+DOF adds about a minute to the rendertime. Quite darn cool! Attachment 125668Attachment 125669Attachment 125670
    I know this is a newbie question but are you saying that Lightwave 2015 renders faster overall? Or just with certain camera settings?

Quote Originally Posted by lwanmtr View Post
    Thanks. Yeah've had multiple LW's...but always fully licensed...first time Im doing the trial thing (until yall pay me that $495 ya owe me) hehe.
    You need to click on the register button when you boot up LW2015, and then on the right side of the page there is a register this product button. When you've done that you have access to the trial key which you just drag in and restart. No problems with older version installed.

To be honest I did all that, and then just said "screw it" and upgraded. One thing I did notice was that my Space Navigator crashed the Demo/trial, but works fine in the full version. Odd.

Looking forward to the future Rob. It'll be exciting to see the seeds of the internal remodelling of LW grow and bare fruit!

Quote Originally Posted by 50one View Post
    ...not that I'm complaining but a lot of folks were counting on getting the 11.7 with bug fixes.
    Me...
    I wouldn't mind a version 11.7 without features, just with the bugfixes (especially the ones I reported) and the simplistic workflow enhacements to the existing features, like Scene Editor multi selection. It's not like it's a new feature, even though I don't know how hard it was to bring it up.

But yeah... Disappointed.

Right now I'll wait and see Since there arent' any major workflow changes to it that would drive me to delve into. Good luck LW3DG.

This thread just shows that re-branding works... lol.

Cheers
    Last edited by probiner; 11-24-2014 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    Seriously? THE DAY OF THE LAUNCH you're expecting immediate feedback?

Where's the eye-rolling emoji?
    No fool. I'm talking about the upgrade pricing.
    It will be $500 plus here with exchange rates where they are. Even for a Charter member.

Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast