Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightwave 2015 revealed!

My small sugestion is: during release new version, emphasize information, that when you download Demo version you got also a big manual PDF with a lot more info. Many for sure reading only what is written on web site. Especially not LW users. What is clear for us, not must be for others.
    Last edited by MarcusM; 11-24-2014 at 04:10 PM.

Looks like a solid release. Thanks LW3DG! Please communicate better next time around.

President, the LightWave Group robpowers3d's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cageman View Post
    awesome!!!!!!

EDIT: I wrote that with capital letters... why didn't they stay capital? A very small thing, perhaps, but it will add workflow enhancements enmasse having that feature.

Great work, LW3DG!!!! The silence was not good for the users, but good for you guys... can you now, please, do something once a month to entertain and inform the userbase? We really can't deal with the complete silence, even if we might suspect good things in the end.
    We work hard on our monthly LightWave newsletter for just that purpose. Have you been following it?
    Rob Powers

President, NewTek LightWave 3D Group
    Burbank, CA

Quote Originally Posted by ncr100 View Post
    I diff'd (using ImageMagick 'compare') the three images. Faster with some differences, but not too severe imo!

1) 11.6.2 - 2015 pmblur
    Attachment 125673
    2) 11.6.2 - 2015 no pmblur
    Attachment 125673
    3) 2015 pmblur - 2015 no pmblur
    Attachment 125672
    Oh... so you are saying that LW11.6.2 isn't as slow regarding PRMBLUR compared to LW 2015? Or... what is it that you are trying to say, really?
    Senior Technical Supervisor
    Cinematics Department
    Massive - A Ubisoft Studio
    -----
    Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4GHz
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

Agh no Chronosculpt love. just a little rotate action is all that is needed. I'll be in watch mode for awhile.
    It's better to have tried and failed, than to have failed to try.
    Patreon - www.patreon.com/ernesttx

Quote Originally Posted by robpowers3d View Post
    We work hard on our monthly LightWave newsletter for just that purpose. Have you been following it?
    Well... I was more interested in what is going on with the development of LW itself; not what users do with it.
    Senior Technical Supervisor
    Cinematics Department
    Massive - A Ubisoft Studio
    -----
    Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4GHz
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

Not doing nothing.... Tranimatronic's Avatar
    Well... I was more interested in what is going on with the development of LW itself; not what users do with it.
    +1

will have to disect this release with a download test and check performance etc, some good stuff there with edge rendering that I wanted to make it easier to setup wirerenders etc, and bone dynamics...but, overall the first impression for me at least is just too thin.

First impression is that I will not upgrade, but I leave that final decision to after I have tested the trial, and comparing modo and cinema trials, modo has taken the direction of voxels and particles to another lever which is closer to what I want, as with sculpting tools in modo and cinema4d.
    A little of too much lacking in terms of what I wanted to see..though you canīt please us all.

Roadmap wether of not we can see particle improvements, a sculpt tool in layout and modeler, and hypervoxels improvent would be nice to get a hint on at least, based on what I can see ahead in such terms will decide how I will do, the problem might be lack of communication and revealing of such detail.

And I will try and put my Requests down on pdf as soon as possible, how would you know otherwise

Stuck in a very big cube Waves of light's Avatar
    Just a very quick question regarding upgrade price that I touched on on fb... has the hardcore pricing been reduced as well, seen as the upgrade price for LW2015 has dropped to the post charter hardcore price of $495? Just clarification needed, not peed off if not. Cheers.
    Last edited by Waves of light; 11-24-2014 at 04:21 PM.

Systen Spec: i7 4930k (OC @4.5ghz),ASUS p9x79 MB, 32GB Ballistix RAM, H60 cooling, Samsung SSD 120GB, WD 1TB

Quote Originally Posted by Tranimatronic View Post
    Yeah - I recall being promised future upgrades locked at $299, however if I sign in and try to buy, it is $499, so it appears it is the opposite. It has increased
    I also see nothing updated for nevron (useless for lip synch without the ability to record video or audio) or chronoscuplt.
    No fix for morphs disappearing when you enable lazy points. No fix for fiber fx or hypervoxels.

Genoma 2 sounds promising, but I cant find any information on the 'rigging development kit'.
    I'm certainly in no rush to buy this one. Still glad to hear something is happening with Lightwave
    ....silence....

I guess I'll wait for now to see if they send different pricing email to HardCORE members. The deal was $395 according to the email I found.
    What is staying as originally stated:
    - As HardCORE members, you have a special price, either the Charter price of $395 or the post-charter price of $495, on the upgrades you purchase, over the next five paid upgrades that NewTek offers (LightWave 11 included).

"OH NO!", Joseph Joestar ncr100's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh... so you are saying that LW11.6.2 isn't as slow regarding PRMBLUR compared to LW 2015? Or... what is it that you are trying to say, really?
    Reinforcing the point - speed improvement with insignificant change to render product.
    -Nick
    audio: Ö Ī Py

For those asking for it: there is a pdf manual in the docs folder. At least in the trial installation.
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

Banned
    I wrote to support and they asked me show proof of buying LW10 with Core.
    Which I did.
    I now have the original $395 deal.

Support were quick and pleasant.

President, the LightWave Group robpowers3d's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinland View Post
    Rock on, Rob & Crew! As someone with a background in both 3DS Max and Maya, Lightwave is where I ended up hanging my hat—for a lot of reasons. You continue to show me that was a good choice.
    That means a lot to us. Thanks for your support and belief in our direction and efforts. This development team is tackling the hard work head-on and as the fruits of that labor continue to emerge we think you will continue to be pleasantly surprised as we move forward. I personally don't put much stock in instant over-night imaginary products that appear from nowhere or that type of smoke and mirrors. Worthwhile advancement requires solid hard work tied to a logical internal design roadmap. We are working tirelessly to make LightWave perform for you in the coming months and years as we evolve it with the latest technology while at the same time maintaining the special characteristics of LightWave that make it special to all of us.
    Rob Powers

President, NewTek LightWave 3D Group
    Burbank, CA

Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast