Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightwave 2015 revealed!

Quote Originally Posted by ncr100 View Post
    Reinforcing the point - speed improvement with insignificant change to render product.
    The results are same, but with greater speed. In what way is that a bad thing?
    Senior Technical Supervisor
    Cinematics Department
    Massive - A Ubisoft Studio
    -----
    Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4GHz
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by Lito View Post
    I guess I'll wait for now to see if they send different pricing email to HardCORE members. The deal was $395 according to the email I found.
    I logged into my account first and found an "upgrade" button there. It took me to the correct version.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    ....silence....
    Seriously? THE DAY OF THE LAUNCH you're expecting immediate feedback?

Where's the eye-rolling emoji?
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Someone correct me if I am remembering incorrectly but the Hardcore deal was $395 to upgrade for the 5 paid upgrades beyond Core correct? I paid $395 today for my upgrade to LW 2015.
    -Joshua Jorgensen

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by raw-m View Post
    I logged into my account first and found an "upgrade" button there. It took me to the correct version.
    Same here. --In your account, in the "Registered Products" page, not at the top.

Saw a couple prices for non-HC (started sweating), but it is there if your page says "LightWave 3D v11.x - Upgrade - Charter" near the top. $395.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cageman View Post
    The results are same, but with greater speed. In what way is that a bad thing?
    I don't think he's complaining-- he's saying there's only a tiny difference in the render.

++++
    Any big differences in SCRIPTING CAPABILITIES???

President, the LightWave Group robpowers3d's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon2.0 View Post
    I was JUST going to ask about the "under-the-hood" work being done. I will say that your response is encouraging and makes me hopeful for LW.

Congrats to the ENTIRE team!

Edit. But I also hope that this ENDS the complete silence from the LW3DG and a new era of frequent interaction will begin? There are quite a few things in this release that would have provided LW3DG something to give to users and not have to worry about divulging secret tech. Weekly - or even monthly communication telling us what is going on is better than knowing everything OR nothing.
    As many of you know I am not a big fan of empty talk about "pie in the sky" fantasy products. That is why you don't often see me comment on future releases in a specific way. However, we have invested a lot of time and resources on solutions for removing long-standing architectural barriers that previously had not been dealt with. I am confident that this is the LightWave team that will deal with these past road blocks and unlock some very powerful new capabilities over the next few years. Certainly some will jump on what I say here and expect the next release to be what they have imagined as a perfect version of LightWave but again that is not what we are doing here. We are focusing on bringing innovation in a real product that emerges as we progress through our planned development phases. It is not instant gratification but the results will be solid and very real. The team and I are genuinely excited by what we are doing and are very optimistic about what it will ultimately unlock for our worldwide LightWave users.
    Rob Powers

President, NewTek LightWave 3D Group
    Burbank, CA

Quote Originally Posted by gordonrobb View Post
    So if the normal upgrade price has dropped does that mean the price for us loyal charter hardcore members has dropped too?
    What about us post-Charter members (promised 5x @ "discount price" of $495) whom now receive no discount at all?

I am particularly disappointed that LW3DG couldn't even see fit to say something to Charter & post-Charter members about the situation prior or concurrent with the public announce, that's especially disrespectful. Acknowledging the situation, perhaps with some kind of token gesture, would have at least mitigated the sting somewhat.
    Last edited by jwiede; 11-24-2014 at 04:47 PM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by robpowers3d View Post
    design roadmap.
    I guarantee you someone in the office had a $10 bet with Rob he had to say that at least once in the forums ...

congrats , the product looks solid, some real nice stuff even things like multi-tool support for GOz personally is my favourite and Gemona2 looks beautiful
    thanks and see you in 2015
    Last edited by OnlineRender; 11-24-2014 at 04:40 PM.

I've seen a few people mention documentation but I don't see it in my account page. Where can the LW 2015 docs be downloaded from? I've downloaded the Win 64 version and the content files but no docs.
    -Joshua Jorgensen

Quote Originally Posted by calilifestyle View Post
    My only complain is no Lightwave 2015 party ... i was really hoping for one , now that the team is located in Burbank. haha
    Good point! We are certainly celebrating the LightWave 2015 release but the holidays are right in front of us. Perhaps we can plan some user get together in the future for those in town.
    Rob Powers

Burbank, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Cageman View Post
    Oh... so you are saying that LW11.6.2 isn't as slow regarding PRMBLUR compared to LW 2015? Or... what is it that you are trying to say, really?
    He's comparing the render qualities, not speeds. That much faster with near to the same, or same but different, quality is a good thing.
    Blown Glass · Carbon Fiber + Imagination

Spherical Magic | We Build Cool Stuff!

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain

I've found this update to contain many, "little big things." It's good stuff. It's also been hard keeping quiet all this time about it.
    Kevin "Q" Quattro
    Inhance Digital
    3D Art Director

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMarchant View Post
    Also what happened to 11.7, im sure i read somewhere we were going to get a final update on the 11 cycle or did i dream that.
    I think the reality is that this is the 11.7 upgrade - but a paid one.

Quote Originally Posted by ncr100 View Post
    Just curious, how has the documentation changed with 2015?

Edit - will d/l the trial

Edit #2 - lordy. 2,303 page pdf. That is a lotta typing!
    Yes the LightWave 2015 documentation is updated and a lot of effort has gone into that.
    Rob Powers

Burbank, CA

Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast